Passed wireless#

whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
with a 75%. Definetly need to study each of the items in the objective.

Had a first at the testing center. The program crashed at 22 questions and I was afraid/hopeful that I would have to restart the test. The proctor rebooted the PC and, dang/hooray, everything came back fine.

A little later the testee in the next cubicle had a, what sounded like, similar incident while reviewing his answers.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! You're one of the few I've seen take this.

On to CWNA then?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. I have to ask, since so many have said the same thing, was this one of the more enjoyable certification exams you've studied for?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! Was this cert for business or pleasure?
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass. I have to ask, since so many have said the same thing, was this one of the more enjoyable certification exams you've studied for?

Quick but not enjoyable. There where to many things I didn't review fully and once you pres the next button that is it no review or going back.
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations! You're one of the few I've seen take this.

On to CWNA then?

Yes, onwards and upwards. I have started reading the version 3 of the CWNA Official Study Guide and will probably buy the current book and practice tests.

CWNA and 70-640 next and maybe Security+.

Thansk to all for the congratulations.
    JDMurray wrote:
    Congratulations! Was this cert for business or pleasure?

Probably pleasure.

I will be out of work on 1/1/2009 and the copmpany is paying for certification exams/books.etc. that I want take.

Hopefully, it will add a little to my hiring potential.
  • ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,

I hope to take the exam in a couple of weeks. I (self-studied) took the cisco wireless course (v1.2) hoping to take a specialization in addition to my ccna, but then discovered i was studying for a dead exam.

Right after I finished the course including the labs i decided to move on with the cwna and took the Sybex book. Im almost done but would like to ask if there is like a review book you can recommend that summarizes the whole thing in 200pages or so?
    So i could read it a couple of times this week. My other question is for the ones who passed:
    How difficult it is comparing to other cert. exams?

BTW Now cisco re-introduced a Wireless cert (CCNA wireless)...But i think the CWNA is better.
    Am I wrong?

Thanks in advanced for any comment.
    ciscom wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I hope to take the exam in a couple of weeks. I (self-studied) took the cisco wireless course (v1.2) hoping to take a specialization in addition to my ccna, but then discovered i was studying for a dead exam.

Right after I finished the course including the labs i decided to move on with the cwna and took the Sybex book. Im almost done but would like to ask if there is like a review book you can recommend that summarizes the whole thing in 200pages or so?
    So i could read it a couple of times this week. My other question is for the ones who passed:
    How difficult it is comparing to other cert. exams?

BTW Now cisco re-introduced a Wireless cert (CCNA wireless)...But i think the CWNA is better.
    Am I wrong?

Thanks in advanced for any comment.

As for CCNA wireless v. CWNA I have no opinion on which is better.

The Wireless# exam was difficult in that I should have used more outside material. For the CWNA I am using four additional books, white papers beside the "Official" CWNA guides.

CWNA Guide to Wireless LANs, Second Edition (Networking (Thomson Course Technology)) by Ciampa

Installing, Troubleshooting, and Repairing Wireless Networks by Aspinwall

802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, First(not second as I should) Edition (Definitive Guide) by Gast

Wireless Crash Course, Second Edition by Bedell when it arrives.

For studying I read the wireless# book and listened to the Preplogic Wireless# series along with the CWNP practice tests.

CWNP recommends knowing the study guidlelines and only using the book as a starting point, since according to CWNP the test will only partially reflect the content of the book.
  • ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks!! I will check those, too. Im Almost done studying the Sybex book. I forgot to mention the cbt nuggets wireless course and update version too, which are nice too. And yet believe i need more material, not only to pass the exam. I never thought how complex wireless LAN technologies would be. There's too much material!