Options

Civil Service Desktop Technician position

rizzo777rizzo777 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys. I might have a shot for a tech position for a school district and I need to take a couple tests (civil service). Anyone ever do this? Any free practice tests? Please reply if you guys have any info. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rizzo777 wrote:
    Hello guys. I might have a shot for a tech position for a school district and I need to take a couple tests (civil service). Anyone ever do this? Any free practice tests? Please reply if you guys have any info. Thanks

hello,

just wanted to put my input in since Im a tech for a school district. I say most definatly go for it.

I work in the IT department for a really small school district, and Ive gotten a chance to do alot of things which are giving me great experience. Ive worked on just about everything since being here. I used to work for a very large Cisco VAR. they were gold partnered with Cisco. they also supported NEC. they did mostly support for voice technologies,but did everything. I was doing phone support in their call center. i was told that if I renewed my CCNA, and started on the CCNP/CCVP that I would be moved out into the filed and given a raise. I renewed my CCNA and then started on my CCNP(halfway done) I even completed an NEC 2000 admin certificate, and learned the TDM side. but I found out they werent going to move me out anytime soon, so I began looking for other oppurtunites, and found one at the school district. the IT department is very small. theres only one other tech there, and im the only one that knows the networking really well. so Ive been able to work on their routers and switches alot, plus have learned other stuff, school software, MACs(there on all MAC platform), and have been going out to schools fixing stuff. it has given me great experience while studying for my certs. plus they give great benefits, the people are friendly and normally they pay well. I would suggest you do it, although I never had to take civil service exams. I say go for it, as it will give you great experience. my two cents.
  • Options
    rizzo777rizzo777 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nobody here ever took the civil service IT exam???
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i work in civil service IT but didnt have to sit a specific IT exam, just the regular numeracy and literacy stuff icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops