lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
Cisco says it cost 15 bucks..

wow...

thought it was free
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1st one is free, takes 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail with some other goodies. :)

They charge you if you want some extras, though.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first one (printed or online to print yourself) is free. Subsequent copies cost $15. This is why I default to e-versions. You can print them to your hearts content.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    ohh.. I asked for a hard copy..

i havent paid yet... but its my first one and it still said 15..

i guess i go with the E version and print it myself.

i just like the think cardboard type paper (is that what they use. or do they use comp paper)
  • Options
    You don't have to do anything for the first one. It will come automatically in the mail.
  • Options
    oh ok..

i went to my tracking sytem, and I had to accept all the agreements, becaue of me being underage.

but thats great that the first one gets sent free.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    lildeezul wrote:
    oh ok..

i went to my tracking sytem, and I had to accept all the agreements, becaue of me being underage.

but thats great that the first one gets sent free.

lildeezul,

Just to make sure, double check that the address listed in the tracking system is the same as your home address because that's where they're going to send your certificate to.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Ya its just lame computer paper. Nothing special. Although there is a plastic wallet card.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also like to print my own out because I can use higher quality paper and the certs look a little nicer (powder blue).
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my test on 6/18 and received the stuff from Cisco on 7/7 so it was about 3 weeks for me. You'll get a nice certificate on thicker paper that is certainly suitable for framing and also a nice plastic wallet card. That was my first Cisco cert and didn't cost me a thing (except 2+ months of studying!!)

Congrats!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I also like to print my own out because I can use higher quality paper and the certs look a little nicer (powder blue).
    Me too, I like mine to match my tux.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Me too, I like mine to match my tux.

Wow, very fashion conscious! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

How long does it usually take to get here..

also just to make things clear.

all i have to do is make sure my infomation is correct, and accept all required agreement, and thats it. and Cisco will mail it to me.. no further processes ?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    With the old company I was getting the free paper copy within two weeks -- but the website status was usually slow updating (changed to sent and stayed there for a while a week after I had received it).

If the new site has a tracking feature like the old version did, keep an eye on for a while. I think they said in the old days that it could take 4 to 6 weeks for the certificate to show up in the mail.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    What other goodies to you get in the mail besides the cert?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When you opt for the paper certificate, you used to also get a wallet card, a (form) letter of congratulations from John, and a coupon/code for 30 or 35% off on select certification books from Cisco Press (or you could just register with Cisco Press and usually get 30% off most everything). If they still do the 35% off select certification books, don't mix your order with books not on the list -- or you pay full list price for those.

Can anyone who's passed recently and gotten their paper certificate care package verify the current contents?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    mikej412 wrote:
    Can anyone who's passed recently and gotten their paper certificate care package verify the current contents?
    In my CCNA kit that I got recently was the paper cert, letter from john and a wallet card. No discount on books though.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Just got my CCNA cert in the mail yesterday and I got the exact same thing as nicklauscombs. Do any of you guys frame your certs?