The truth about Cisco...

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
So, tonight at work I had to call Cisco about an RMA we have been dealing with. Usually when you get put on hold, its some lame piano music that puts me to sleep.

Not this time.

I was asked to hold for a few mins, and then I heard it.

Funky Town.

Yes, their hold music played Funky Town. "gotta move on!".

The truth is, Cisco likes to party. They do the Robot whenever they have a breakthrough with a new IOS. Sometimes, John Chambers does the Worm when someone orders 100 6509s. I also heard, on some CCIE lab exams, one of the tasks is to do the Twist.

Just a heads up, if anyone is bored at work, call Cisco and ask to be put on hold. Then crank the speaker phone and get down.

Comments

• Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Nothin beats google, they have double beds were ya can go have a sleep, even fireman poles to go between floors, check out a video on you tube it looks like a really fun place to work

Lee H
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work for Cisco, nothing beats the beer trolley that arrives at my desk with an assortment of beers and chips every Friday at beer o clock i.e. 4pm.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote:
    Nothin beats google, they have double beds were ya can go have a sleep, even fireman poles to go between floors, check out a video on you tube it looks like a really fun place to work

Lee H

Can you post the link for this please?

Cheers
    Malc
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Here ya go Malc, an article on BBC Website was were i originally seen it heres the link

You have never seen anything like this in your life, its unreal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7290322.stm

Lee H
  • telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    So, tonight at work I had to call Cisco about an RMA we have been dealing with. Usually when you get put on hold, its some lame piano music that puts me to sleep.

Not this time.

I was asked to hold for a few mins, and then I heard it.

Funky Town.

Yes, their hold music played Funky Town. "gotta move on!".

The truth is, Cisco likes to party. They do the Robot whenever they have a breakthrough with a new IOS. Sometimes, John Chambers does the Worm when someone orders 100 6509s. I also heard, on some CCIE lab exams, one of the tasks is to do the Twist.

Just a heads up, if anyone is bored at work, call Cisco and ask to be put on hold. Then crank the speaker phone and get down.

absolute hilarity! you guys are having me rolling!
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote:
    Hi

Here ya go Malc, an article on BBC Website was were i originally seen it heres the link

You have never seen anything like this in your life, its unreal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7290322.stm

Lee H

Wow!

Different planet from my work!

Google quite regularly advertise jobs in London and Dublin for Field IT Support, but never thought about applying.
    EdTheLad wrote:
    I work for Cisco, nothing beats the beer trolley that arrives at my desk with an assortment of beers and chips every Friday at beer o clock i.e. 4pm.

Ed,

Did you get 3 weeks in San Francisco for your induction then? That's what the guys I know at Cisco got when they joined.

When I've been to their offices in Glasgow and Bedfont Lakes in London to see the full UC suite, we were very well looked after.....cakes, muffins, snacks, fridges full of soft drinks/water you name it and you just help yourself.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Sometimes, John Chambers does the Worm when someone orders 100 6509s.
    You don't even want to know what he does when someone returns a big order. . . icon_eek.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    malcybood wrote:

Ed,

Did you get 3 weeks in San Francisco for your induction then? That's what the guys I know at Cisco got when they joined.

When I've been to their offices in Glasgow and Bedfont Lakes in London to see the full UC suite, we were very well looked after.....cakes, muffins, snacks, fridges full of soft drinks/water you name it and you just help yourself.

Nope, i'm contracting with them so i never got an induction.My office is great, free food&drinks as you mention above, free beer,books,t-shirts,bags,mugs etc..i've loaded up on Cisco gear icon_smile.gif.I'm even in the process of wrangling some l3 switches.
    All in all its a good company to work for, all the engineers are great, very secure in themselves so absolutely no backstabbing.The only problem is its very sales orientated, i'm not a big fan of sales or financial guys.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    EdTheLad wrote:
    Nope, i'm contracting with them so i never got an induction.My office is great, free food&drinks as you mention above, free beer,books,t-shirts,bags,mugs etc..i've loaded up on Cisco gear icon_smile.gif.I'm even in the process of wrangling some l3 switches.
    All in all its a good company to work for, all the engineers are great, very secure in themselves so absolutely no backstabbing.The only problem is its very sales orientated, i'm not a big fan of sales or financial guys.

Sounds like an awesome place to work if I was able to move right now I'd try to get a job with them, my wife's uncle said if I wanted to move over by him he could definitely help me out. Unfortunately moving right now isn't an option icon_cry.gif
  • TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Sometimes, John Chambers does the Worm when someone orders 100 6509s.

Rumor has it he's also been known to shake what his mother may or may not have gave him.
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."