Options

i Failed Security +

DjScientistDjScientist Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,i failed Security + on Tuesday by 735.I studied so hard for this paper and i was very confident i was gonna pass but i was very dissapointed the moment i start the exam.All the questions seemed to be new to me.I used testout and CBT Nuggets and did a lot of practice exams.Now am getting ready once more for the second time and i would very much appreciate if from those who passed to give me some advice and what more to focus on.Even now,i feel very confident about the content but mayb i need to do some few improvements.Any relevant book that is good enough?I have the microsoft Security + Certification but i haven't gone thru it of which this time,i will be goin thru it back to back.Any other material please.Thank you
But one thing for sure,i am goin to nail it this time..I need it as an elective for my MCSA.
Working on 293:

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    The Syngress book was pretty good. You should have a good idea what is on the exam now, just check out the technotes on this site and print the exam objectives from the CompTIA site and go through them one-by-one making sure you understand each one. You were close! I am sure you will be fine the next go round.
  • Options
    rubensboyzrubensboyz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The objectives for the Security+ exam are outdated as they are testing on things that fall outside of the scope of the objectives listed on their site.

Like the previous poster, the Syngress book is good. I would also search through the site for posts from those who have passed and look at some of the topics they mention, study up on those as well.

Finally as I teach this course, I always encourage my students to spend more time with the cryptography section as I've noticed they test alot from this section.

Good luck
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    rubensboyz wrote:
    The objectives for the Security+ exam are outdated as they are testing on things that fall outside of the scope of the objectives listed on their site.

I wish you would be more specific on this point. Although some questions seemed to be poorly worded, I thought they lined up with the objectives okay.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    This is a big part of why I hate the certification game. They can construct test questions that suck so hard, they just siphon the money right out of your account.
  • Options
    rubensboyzrubensboyz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What I mean about the objectives being outdated are this, and I hope I dont break any rules here. But I've had several of my students come back and tell me that they saw a question on Dynamic trunking Protocol. I mean who in their right mind teaches or learns about DTP in Security+?

Anyway, it was just my opinion that the objectives were outdated. Take it for what its worth, and good luck next time you take the exam.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Remember, they also include ungraded questions for example development and other reasons. I think many people forget about that and unnecessarily get worked up over those odd questions.