Options

New to the IT Game

wvanwykwvanwyk Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got lucky with my current job, they offered to send me on the MCSE course, but I don’t have any IT background, apart from your every day pc use and phoning the IT guy for support.

I have done 70-270 and 70-290. Now I’m doing 70-291 on Monday 14 July 2008. I need some advice; I’m using CBT Nuggets together with the 2277c blue course handbook. Any suggestions???

Wayne
South Africa

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Good Luck!

291 it tough, no doubt. Know DNS, DHCP, RRAS. DNS and DHCP probably will be more than 1/2 of the test, so know them as much as you can.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    mariegeniamariegenia Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lucky you!!!! (for your job) :D

I would suggest to domain DNS and DHCP, maybe the best could be practice with labs.
    That help me a lot with last exams.

Good luck and let us know!!!

Marie
    working on 70-291

70-290
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have found the O'Reilly book on "DNS on Windows Server 2003" by Cricket Liu very helpful, given the fact that I have only around 6 months experience of DNS in a large network environment. I bought it from Amazon.

This exam focusses very heavily on DNS, so it is money well spent not only for 70-291 but later exams on the MCSE track too...

However you won't be able to buy it in time for your exam, so good luck in the test and let us know how you get on!
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!