ICND2 07/14/08 *UPDATE PASSED*

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
Got it scheduled for 07/14/08.

Anybody have some good quick cram info links? Any good practice test links?

Comments

• GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    You may want to try Chris Bryant's package (the bryant advantage). He has some labs. I think that Lammle's book may as well (check first tho).

Good luck!!!!

G
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    PASSED!

It was pretty rough. I agree with Jeremy Cioara from CBTNuggets that you need to be a NAT/ACL command-line junkie to pass that exam. It could have been my luck of the draw, but knowing EIGRP and OSPF in great detail will help you also. This isn't anything new as these topics are on the exam description, but be sure you know them very well!

Good luck to others taking ICND2!
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! :D:D:D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    grats darkerosxx :D

Obligitory question: May I ask what resources did you use and how long did you study for?

Grats again!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
    I took ICND1 in december 07 and studied off and on using CBTNuggets for ICND2 up until today. I probably watched the ICND2 series about 3 times total.

I'd say I spent about 2 months of actual study days since I spent a lot of the time from Dec. to now working on other materials.

I used the exam cram books for CCNA, their practice tests, and CBTNuggets for ICND2. I didn't read the exam cram book, but I did use it for practice and to brush up on touchy subjects like OSPF, EIGRP, NAT, and ACLs.

I really dislike the Cisco Press books for ICND1/2. They're incredibly dry and boring.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Congrats. I actually liked the Cisco Press books. They are more detailed and in depth than they probably need to be but it makes you even more prepared. Whats next for you the CCNP?
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I actually liked the Cisco Press books. They are more detailed and in depth than they probably need to be but it makes you even more prepared. Whats next for you the CCNP?

I'm starting studying for CCDA because I want to focus on building network infrastructures. The CCDE is the top of the ladder there, so I'm going to see how close I can get up that ladder if I can even get to/past CCDP without actual work experience.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man, i hope to sit this one in a few month too!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    congrats man, i hope to sit this one in a few month too!

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask!
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Congrats darkerosxx. How did you do for time? I felt under pressure during the CCENT exam and finished with only 6 minutes to go. I think the main reason for this was because you can't go back, I checked and double checked and checked again before hitting 'next'.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on your pass!!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    congrats
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    darkerosxx wrote:
    I really dislike the Cisco Press books for ICND1/2. They're incredibly dry and boring.
    Wow! That's a rarity. I usually see glowing reviews of these materials (we're talking about the Odom books and not the study guide, right?)

Nonetheless, good job and congratulations!

Any plans on doing CCNP in conjunction with the Design tracks?
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
    darkerosxx wrote:
    Wow! That's a rarity. I usually see glowing reviews of these materials (we're talking about the Odom books and not the study guide, right?)

Nonetheless, good job and congratulations!

Any plans on doing CCNP in conjunction with the Design tracks?

If you read the exam cram and exam prep books by Jeremy Cioara, they're far better, granted I didn't read the entire book of either author. That guy is just an incredible teacher on video and in books. Just my opinion, though...

Umm, well the basic path I'm wanting to follow is an architect path for networking, with a little systems architecture on the side to complement it. The CCNP/CCIE path is all technician stuff, whereas the CCDP/CCDE path is all architecture. I don't have enough experience yet to determine the blurring of the line between the two cert tracks and how valuable it will be to have both, but for now I don't plan on doing CCNP.

Thanks for the congrats everybody!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    darkerosxx wrote:
    I don't plan on doing CCNP.
    Not sure if you know this but you need 2 out of 4 (BSCI and BCMSN) CCNP exams for the CCDP, so it's kinda like why not get the CCNP :P :P
    WIP: IPS exam