Dang! Failed 214 with 684.

pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having decided to carry on with more studies and do 70-214, I failed it with a score of 684 (needed 700 to pass) icon_cry.gif

Guess I just underestimated it, I found it really tough and ran low on time towards the end. Got the yips big time, my knees were really knocking when I hit the end exam button. icon_shaking.gif

Worse thing was that the answers to the questions were all very similar with very minor differences. e.g.

Q. <Extremely long, verbose question>

(a) <rambling text> Domain Controller Policy
(b) <same long text> Domain Security Policy
(c) <same long text> Domain Policy
(d) <same long text> Domain GPO Policy.
(e) <same long text> GPO of the Domain Policy
(f) <same long text> Security GPO of the Domain Security Controller Policy etc.

So for anyone doing this one, a lot of effort is needed on PKI, RAS, GPO's and IPSec in particular. icon_study.gif

I wont be able to retake this one for quite some time (unless I were to try and do it again this week icon_eek.gif ).

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Sorry to hear so, good luck next time!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    This was one of the harder Microsoft tests that I have taken....you have to know the things you said...combined w/ an Active Directory test on steroids....Good luck on the next one...I am sure you will get it..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    OOPs..I just notice the date on this one....and your certs.....I am glad to see you passed...Congrats
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA