IPHONE 3g

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
Anyone getting the IPHONE TODAY
Growth is limited.

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sold my iphone for 225 $, I originally purchase it for 400 $ + tax, after selling this I thought I was getting a new iphone 3g, but it seems ATT is again lame, cause they want me to renew another 2 years contract... + 30 $ data connection package... This phone is more like a liability to me.
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    comes with support for active sync and cisco ipsec vpn
    ilcram19-2 wrote:
    comes with support for active sync and cisco ipsec vpn
    At a point I thought about this, so I can play with me Exchange...
  • j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    maybe im misreading do you have to have a previous carrier before your able to get this phone or just in a event if you do?
    Growth is limited.
    You gotta sign up for AT&T contract for 2 years.
    well thats not too bad as long as the phone does ok for that long.... check out the features seems pretty cool... what is usually the deposit you have to put down if needed ... anyone knows? or had to before on the previous ones
    Growth is limited.
    Depends on your credit, if your credit is not that good, it will require anywhere from 150 $ - 500 $
    well it isnt excellent .. lol so I will prob be paying around that much plus the additionally gee that sucks
    Growth is limited.
    j938 wrote:
    well it isnt excellent .. lol so I will prob be paying around that much plus the additionally gee that sucks

Price was slashed in half, I almost spend 700 $ for this phone, when it was around 400 - 500 $
    yeah like 199 for 8gb and 299 for 16gb and thats for new customers too I believe and elgible upgraders ?
    Growth is limited.
    You have to renew contracts if your an existing customer, I am really tempted to get one, cause of active sync... this will give me the real experience with configuring a server/client...
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    My Flat mate got up at 5am to purchase the new 3G version. crazy fool.

I'm waiting for the iphone with the hologram touch screen to come out myself.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Would never get one although they do look sweet, i use the TYTN II which has wifi gps media player all the other stuff
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Iphone + apple = rip off (Yes thats a scientific equation :D )

Its a good phone but not worth the money imo. £50 - £75 a month no thanks.

But there will be many fanboys who rush out to buy it.

people were camping out last night to get it = losers icon_wink.gif ...only jkn
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    My co-worker got an iPhone yesterday and waited almost 7 hours in line. He said the store opened at 8am and he got there around 6:30am. There was already a line in front of him, roughly around 100 people. Yikes! I think you really have to get your iPhone.

We tried testing its GPS yesterday and it was bit buggy. Our current location on the map is waay off.

Want to get one for myself too. But since I still love my fairly new Pearl, I'll prolly just put that on my wish list.
    Focused and Steady.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    dps wrote:
    My co-worker got an iPhone yesterday and waited almost 7 hours in line. He said the store opened at 8am and he got there around 6:30am. There was already a line in front of him, roughly around 100 people. Yikes! I think you really have to get your iPhone.
    This happened when the first iPhone was released too. The next day you could walk into any AT&T store and could buy one without any wait. It sure pissed off a few people who bought an iPhone on eBay for upwards of $2K because they thought there would be a shortage due to a huge demand.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    JDMurray wrote:
    dps wrote:
    This happened when the first iPhone was released too. The next day you could walk into any AT&T store and could buy one without any wait. It sure pissed off a few people who bought an iPhone on eBay for upwards of $2K because they thought there would be a shortage due to a huge demand.
    Similar thing happened here. Greedy people all rushed to buy them and put them on eBay thinking there would be a huge shortage. They all got screwed over when there were vast numbers of iPhones available.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you guys heard about all the activation issues they're having?

http://gizmodo.com/5024372/apple-cancels-all-iphone-3g-orders-releases-ibrick-3g

Be sure to check out the link in the article for the video conferencing kit as well.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nel wrote:
    Iphone + apple = rip off (Yes thats a scientific equation :D )

Its a good phone but not worth the money imo. £50 - £75 a month no thanks.

heh heh heh - pretty much my thoughts. Here in NZ they are $199.00 ......... plus a $250 Mo contract for 2 years - plus data usage.

That my friends makes it a $6200 phone ........

I think I will stay with my old Nokia 3135 - it does exactly what a phone should do - send and recieve phone calls when I am away from the office. Paid $99 8 years ago and still going strong icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RussS wrote:
    Paid $99 8 years ago and still going strong icon_lol.gif

Not bad! Sprint gave me X amount towards new phones when I renewed my contract, and I found a couple of refurbed Katana's at Radio Shack. I had to get $50 worth of accessories just to use up the credit I was given. Check for refurbs!

My contract is up again in January. I'm hoping the Andriod platform has something impressive or Open Moko get it's kinks worked out by the time that comes around. I'm thinking of switching to a GSM carrier (AT&T/T-Mobile). They seem to get better hardware than the CDMA carriers (Sprint/Verizon). I just came across some older statistics that said GSM users are half a billion while CDMA is only around 100 million.