Options

FAILED today

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
i just got back... 3 hr drive to get to the nearest testing facility.

this is 2 tests in a row i've failed... i'm getting pissed.

studied for a month. went to a security plus 2 week training course. making 85-95 on sybex exams.

failed with a 750. almost there.

a bunch of questions were worded REALLY strange. 1 port question, LOTS of questions on algorythms. i mean LOTS.

back to the drawing board.....

Comments

• Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I never thought the Sybex questions were hard enough. Try Transcenders. I found PreLogic to be OK.

Good Luck.... :)
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer man, just stick with it though. Your almost there. I can only imagine what the 3 hour drive home after failing must feel like. You will get it next time.

Yeah, I normally use preplogic for my practice exams and everyone say's transcenders is good.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Geez! Could it get any worse? I've been hearing all of these horror stories about bad wording of the questions. I mean for an international exam, don't you think it should be worded clearly? I'm half Jamaican/Bahamian, and I REALLY don't need to be hurting my head on the wording when time is against me. icon_mad.gificon_evil.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well, i got an update...

i forgot to mention that when i got to the facility, the AC was NOT working. it was 94 degrees in the server room, and 88 in the test room.

i literally was drenched in sweat when i was on question 48 of the test ( i remember looking at the number and thinking 'i'm gonna pass out!')

anyways, when i got home, i had a message from prometric! they are giving me a FREE RETAKE at no cost on the sec + test. the testing facility called them and told them that they failed to notify me that morning that the facility was going to be closing down at 12! (my test was scheduled for 115, but i got there an hour early)

anyways, i'm TOTALLY relieved. not sure if that was the reason i failed, and i'm not going to say it was, but it may have had something to do with it. i was rushing a bit because i was so dang hot.

by the way, i live in central texas, and it was 96 degrees outside today!

i'm going to retake it in 2-3 weeks. now i really know what to expect, so i should ace it!
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    They should put that on a Monopoly Chance/Community Chest card

"Prometric Test Error in your favor"
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    brad- wrote:
    They should put that on a Monopoly Chance/Community Chest card

"Prometric Test Error in your favor"

That'd be hilarious if it weren't true icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Free re-take is awesome.

I used wikipedia to research some stuff. It helped but get the transcenders if you don't all ready have them.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.