Options

Questions about the JNCIA-SSL exam

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Has anyone here taken both the first (JN0-561) and second generation of this exam (JN0-562) for recertification purposes? Can you give me an idea as to how much content changed between the two? I prepped for the 561 exam but never certified back when it was available and wanted to get an idea of how long you thought I would need to prep. Resources are somewhat scarce and I don't have the same level of access to spare devices (that I can wreck in a lab) as I used to, but I wouldn't mind doing the cert to prove my familiarity with it (I did some complex pilots/integrations of SA-4000' clusters, including full customization of the web interface, the use of LDAP attributes, etc about 24 months ago).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Probably best PM aldur about that. He's tramping through the Juniper certs. I would like to do the same but a little short on time right now *g*
  • Options
    Done. Thanks Turgon for the suggestion I forgot he had that one, and you're right his progression through them has been impressive. :)
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used to do a bit of Juniper stuff in my old office. They were like cadilacs to Cisco's buick.. Either way, I'm considering getting a few entry Juniper certs just to make sure I'm still fresh. Man I miss using those guys. icon_sad.gif
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Well they are one of the reasons the ISRs came out, Cisco knew 5 boxes to do what a single Juniper could do was a bit ridiculous.

And the Juniper SSLVPN solution still kicks Cisco's butt. ;)
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I took the JN0-561 about a year ago and have yet to take the JN0-562 but I know a lot of people at work who have taken both exams, none which are at work today. I'll have to hit them up on Tuesday when I'm back for the week.

From what I've heard is that the JN0-562 is quiet a bit more challenging then the JN0-561 but I'll need to check with a few guys at work to get more specifics about it.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Thanks Aldur that would be great. :D
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find somebody who has taken both the new and old JNCIA-SSL exam, and you'd think from a team of SSL engineers I could find somebody who meets that criteria, but nooooo... Everybody has either taken the old one right before it expired or taken the new one because they were new to the team and the old test was not available. To make matters worse all the old timers who would have taken the new test due to the lapse in time have taken the JNCIS-SSL which of course trumps the new IA test....

I still have a few people to go through on the grave shift and hopefully I'll get some good results.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Aldur wrote:
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find somebody who has taken both the new and old JNCIA-SSL exam, and you'd think from a team of SSL engineers I could find somebody who meets that criteria, but nooooo... Everybody has either taken the old one right before it expired or taken the new one because they were new to the team and the old test was not available. To make matters worse all the old timers who would have taken the new test due to the lapse in time have taken the JNCIS-SSL which of course trumps the new IA test....

I still have a few people to go through on the grave shift and hopefully I'll get some good results.
    I have to applaud your efforts Aldur. I had totally forgotten about the IS, that makes a lot of sense. This is what I get for delaying... Thanks again. :)