Options

prometric, i hate you.

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed the 70-291 the first time around, but dragged myself off the ground and really studied hard all week cramming my short term memory with practice exams, etc.

I did a retake today, the simulation on question 20 froze the test and after some work we got the test up and running again and the proctor told me to just finish the rest of the test while he called prometric. Well 3 hours later I'm done with the test and he finally gets a hold of prometric and they apply some patch to the application, after which the application crashed and never came back up.

so basically my weekend is just shot. I really felt good about a lot of the questions, I believe I would have passed, im pretty sure actually. but now I gotta call prometric monday and give them a case number and they said they would give me a free retake of the beast...

i'm gonna let them have it for sure.. redbulls aren't cheap lady!

what a wasted day/night
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That sucks. I hate hearing these types of stories.

Well, don't let it ruin your weekend. Think of it as a trial run. You got a sneak peak at the content, and now you can brush up on the things you felt unsure about. You'll get it for sure next time.
  • Options
    PrometricPrometric Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry, please don't hate me! icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Prometric wrote:
    I'm sorry, please don't hate me! icon_cry.gif

That's classic, someone made a new username just for that... well done sir
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Welcome to the club of people that hate prometric.

Unless they're under contract, there's no reason MS should keep them. Im sure its some semi-political backroom garbage. Meanwhile VUE, who seems to be flawless in test delivery, gets teh shaft...erby, giving us the shaft.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    i haven't had these issues with the MS exams i've taken but they did seem to run a lot worse then the cisco & comptia exams i have taken. but to the op that is a bad situation i'd ask for a free voucher including the free retake because of how bad they are. It's really becoming pathetic how many problems they are causing people I see them going into bankruptcy once all their contracts run out because they just are not providing adequate tests anymore.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe you should have studied properly and passed the first time.

Sucks about the second attempt though. At least they are letting you take it for free...or did they not refund you?
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    KGhaleon wrote:

Wow, you don't seem to be in a particularly great mood.

That's a bit harsh for a new member who's down on his luck, don't you think? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    dynamik wrote:
    KGhaleon wrote:

Wow, you don't seem to be in a particularly great mood.

That's a bit harsh for a new member who's down on his luck, don't you think? icon_rolleyes.gif

Read the OP's original comment about committing a bunch of practice tests to memory, probably not the best way to "learn"...
  • Options
    levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    oh i have servers setup at my house that i use to practice. i have a job maintaining about 40 servers running server 2003. The first time I took the test I read the entire book, made flashcards, and did practice questions over the course of a week and failed because I didn't concentrate enough on dns and rras that were the majority of the test.

Point being, I don't think anyone who passes the 291 could pass it again a month later without brushing up on the material. You kind of have to cram all the stupid little things in your head right before. A lot of the stuff on the test isn't utilized enough to remember in real life practice.

---
    the part that pisses me off..
    the simulation it froze on was something I actually do about once a week and is very simple.

im gonna get a free test for next weekend, and try real hard for another free test for the inconvenience haha good luck right?
    CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
    BS Information Tech. - UMass
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Leven I would advise you to edit your post you are definitely violating the NDA with that one, you can't be that specific on the contents of an exam.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    A lot of the stuff on the test isn't utilized enough to remember in real life practice.
    I've been saying that since I started testing about a year ago. It seems to be even more true with the 291 material.