Options

Regarding Computer Science Corporation (CSC)

win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
Is it just me or CSC has some really really high standards so much as so they dont even give me a email or call back about any of the positions i've applied for them so far? I clearly am qualified for a help desk level, which is what i've been applying too.. Anyways is it just me here, or are you people getting any replies back from job postings from CSC?

Thanks for your input,

win2k4

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CSC loves people with security clearances. Good luck to get a job with them unless you already have a clearance.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    Theirs no specific link, i'm talking about CSC jobs i've applied in the past and now for various help desk/support roles.

Thanks,

win2k4
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    if you have not stated you have a clearance on a resume. Then good luck
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Win2k4,

You're not alone! God only knows how many resumes I've sent into them for help desk roles! I don't know what their deal is.. I have heard though, that they are in the process of renewing their Pacific One-Net contract. I think they might've won an extension and might begin hiring again in October. I'm not sure where you are out of, but if you know anyone with the company it might help to ask them what's going on.

I have a security clearance. I have an active Secret, my TS ended a year ago, but it wouldn't be hard to re-up it. Do you have a clearance? Not all of their positions require clearances though.
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A friend of mine works at Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama, and he got his job there when CSC had the contract (it's now SAIC). He applied, and a month later he'd pretty much given up and they called him back. He came in for an interview, filled out the applications for clearance and then didn't hear anything again for another month or so. Turns out he was hired on the spot, it just took that long for them to get the clearance for him.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    rdix2501 wrote:
    CSC loves people with security clearances. Good luck to get a job with them unless you already have a clearance.

That depends on the contract and the positions they are trying to fill. All contractor have that issue.

CSC was just award a contract with PBGC but none of the positions require a SC, just Public Trust (85P). Same thing with the DOJ when I worked their. I was only require to fill out forms for the Public Trust. It takes 5-7 days to get the background done for Public Trust. Several month for SC unless they rush it.

Wait until you get to the TS with poly...... No stone will be left unturned.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Isn't being a US citizen one of the requirements to obtain a security clearance?
  • Options
    jbaello wrote:
    Isn't being a US citizen one of the requirements to obtain a security clearance?

Yes

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, CSC does have some high expectations. I've never onve received a call from them.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received a call once from CSC last year, but I was surprised cause I had no idea how they could've picked my resume out of the bunch for that job. The guy said he was reviewing my resume and two others. He had to make a choice.. I didn't get the job, but I'm still wondering how I popped up on the radar... Now, I'm trying for jobs that I should be able to get.. and I can't even an email from CSC..
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • Options
    I never had a high opinion about CSC. The Windows Team that I was on before I left in March had 15 people and now it's down to 5. None of the remaining are too please with CSC.