Options

PASSED!!!!.....WooHoo!!!!

PSUalumPSUalum Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the testing center. Scored an 892. I was extremely surprised that this exam was not more difficult than it was. Thought I would give back to this forum about what I used to prepare and give you all some of the details of what I experienced.

First the test details. The exam I sat only required single answers (that I couldn't believe!). Many of the posts I've been seeing lately seem to concur with that. Maybe CompTIA has been listening to some of the complaints on the wording of the questions and choice of answers???

I prepped with TCat's full PDF (which should be required for anyone sitting this exam), EC2's study and test question guides, Crayton's Testtakers Series, free CBT Nuggets, test sims from the study guides, Internet research, experience and this forum.

TCat's full PDF is a great resource for covering the Sec+ objectives top to bottom, however, it does not go into great detail on any one topic. The EC2 and Testtakers Series filled in some of the missing pieces, but either missed some subject matter completely or glossed over them. Give TCat's full PDF a couple more revisions and it will be the only resource you'll need for this exam.

I would have to say that one of the MOST important things you can do to pick up the rest of the information you need for Sec+ is right here. I have been getting ready for Sec+ for the last six and a half weeks. I checked these and other forums every day. These forums are extremely helpful in providing small details of what you need to know that is not published on CompTIA's objectives (and believe me there were probably at least a dozen questions on my exam that exemplify this statement). Once I read about some of the "out in left field" topics others were tested on, I researched my a** off to find out everything I could about it to be prepared.

My hat's off to Russ and the other moderators of this forum for their help with some of the questions they have been slammed with. You all should be well compensated by the sponsers of this forum (large bills please), or at least be given two weeks on a tropical island, all expenses paid.

I did receive questions on topics I had never heard of before. I have more than 15 years experience in the IT field and I hadn't seen some of this stuff. However, the one thing that has kept me in this field for so long is the fact that for as many things I do know, there's a significant amount more that I don't (Guess that's why I've stuck with it...Always something new!!).

Again, many thanks to this forum and the moderators for their efforts. Job Well Done!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congratulations!!! bottoms up!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A hearty congratulations icon_cheers.gif

The large bills would be nice, but I will take the island retreat ... as long as I am accompanied by a maiden or two icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'll post my thoughts after I pass on Monday.

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bsharpe90bsharpe90 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□