Options

Taking test Friday

ddoudddoud Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am taking the 70-270 test on Friday. I have been studying for about 3 weeks and now I am doing practice test, practice test, practice test. I've been in IT for over 12 years but hate taking test (phobia). I want to start getting certs to help me get farther in my career. No certs really been holding me back. $$$
Wish me luck....

Darren
Darren
Phil 4:13

Comments

• Options
    bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck ddoud. With your experience, you should be fine. Just go through the objectives and make sure you know permissions very good. When you are doing your practice tests try not to remember the answers but try to understand why the correct answer is correct. Make sure you read the explanations for both wrong and correct answers.

During the test mark any questions that you are not sure of so you can go back later if you have enough time left. Read the answers first and then the question.

Again, good luck.
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • Options
    bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You know, I just took the exam and only had about 5 or 6 questions about permissions. I was shocked. But definitly understand the difference between Share and NTFS permissions. Also understand the few reasons that you must use the deny permission. (User is part of multiple groups)
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Good Luck, you should be fine with that level of experience, everyone gets nervous before an exam, just take your time and relax as much as possible!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post after my results.
    Darren
  • Options
    I've decided to push my test back until Tuesday next week. Some things came up that I had to push it back. Well at least I get a few more days to study. Man I can't wait till it's over and I pass, get the first test gitters over with.
    Darren
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    ddoud wrote:
    I've decided to push my test back until Tuesday next week. Some things came up that I had to push it back. Well at least I get a few more days to study. Man I can't wait till it's over and I pass, get the first test gitters over with.

You should do fine. Just keep studying and focusing on Phil 4:13 :)
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    No need to worry. In fact, the more you can unwind and relax the day of the test, the better off you are. Just remember, it's only a test, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll be just as certified as you are now.

With that said, good luck! We'll all be looking forward to seeing the "I PASSED!!!" update to this thread.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Slowhand wrote:
    No need to worry. In fact, the more you can unwind and relax the day of the test, the better off you are. Just remember, it's only a test, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll be just as certified as you are now.

With that said, good luck! We'll all be looking forward to seeing the "I PASSED!!!" update to this thread.

I agree with you Slowhand. The calmer I am, the better I do. Hey Slowhand, what part of the Bay Area are you from? I'm from Walnut Creek in the East Bay.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Going for it tomorrow at 10 am.
    Darren