!#&%@ I may never buy a PS3 now

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
MS just finished up their E3 Press conference and some of the stuff was pretty sweet. They have something similar to Sony's Home (that they've somehow managed to keep completely under wraps), which will allow up to eight people to chat, share pictures, etc. But then they've also partnered up with Netflix which will allow you stream and watch movies "with" those other people. GoW2 and Fallout 3 look pretty sweet. Fable 2 might be interesting. There was some music stuff too, but I'm not really into those games. But the big news: Final Fantasy XIII on the 360! That was the game I was holding out for. Sony and SE repeatedly stated it was a PS3 exclusive. Uh oh!

Lots of places are slow/down.

www.joystiq.com
www.kotaku.com
www.gamespot.com
www.e3insider.com
etc

Also, MS usually makes it's conference and other goodies available over XBL, so check out the marketplace for more info. I don't think I'm going to get any studying done tonight icon_sad.gif

Sony and Nintendo have their conferences tomorrow.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:

WHICH TOTALLY FREAKING SUCKS! I just warrantied my XBOX at my local game store 48 hours ago; and probably could have gotten either the 60GB model or a credit for difference in the price drop! icon_evil.gif oh well

and yes dynamik, FFXIII for the 360 is fantastic news!!! One less reason to shell out the dough for a PS3 :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Going to finally pick one of these up...oh though i've been addicted to smash bros on Wii for awhile now
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Either Xbox 360 or PS3, just don't forget to turn it off when you are not using it. Leaving a PS3 on 24/7 will cost you $261AU/year in electricity, which is five times the power that a modern refrigerator uses annually. The Xbox 360 came in at $184AU/year, and the Wii at only $25AU/year. Yes, those figures are in Australian dollars.

CHOICE - Computers' energy costs
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    The Xbox 360 came in at $184AU/year

That is if it doesn't overheat and fry itself first...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do people leave their consoles on?

I've already had two die on me, so third time's the charm, right? Right..? icon_eek.gif
    dynamik wrote:

I've already had two die on me, so third time's the charm, right? Right..? icon_eek.gif

lets hope so, because I just picked up #3
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

What about next gen games, 3D

I believe both Sony and Ubisoft(xbox is Avatar - also a film) have made a 3D game, Huyindi have already made a 46inch 3D TV cost $4000, I have one in my office, not many people have played a PS3 game in 3D on a 46inch flatscreen, its awesome

Lee H
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Looks like I made a good choice, energy-wise, with my Wii purchase. It'll be interesting to see if Sony will follow suit and drop the PS3 prices as well. For my money, there's nothing truly compelling on the 360 that'd make me want to run out and buy one, but I'd be willing to shell out some cash for a PS3 since I never had a PS2 or a PSX, and there are a ton of older games I want to play. (I've already checked the compatibility on the ones I want to play, no known issues with the latest PS3 software update. icon_wink.gif )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    This is the best news I have heard all week! The only reason I was going to buy a PS3 was because my wife is a FF nut, now that FF13 is coming out on the 360 it looks like I won't have to drop all that cash on a PS3.

Oh happy day!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Just a thought, how many have a PS3 or an Xbox360??

Or is Dynamik going to tell me off for thread jacking? icon_lol.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The last consoles I bought were The N64 (only to play Goldeneye) and an original Playstation (only to play Resident Evil 2).
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    My first console was a Coleco Vision, came with Donkey Kong and Zaxxon and a few others

Followed by Spectrum ZX 64K

Followed by Spectrum 128k with datacorder

Makes me laugh thinking how long i spent playing those games

:D

Lee H
    Lee H wrote:
    Makes me laugh thinking how long i spent loading those games

Corrected that for you Lee :D
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, hm, guess I'll have to purchase a 360 now. They even moved Tales of Vesperia to it. I'm still getting a PS3 for Resident evil 5 though.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
    Lee H wrote:
    Makes me laugh thinking how long i spent loading those games

Corrected that for you Lee

Thanks Sie, I forgot about that too :D kids these days dont know there born
    Im convinced its the reason they dont have much patience, they never had to load games from cassette!

Anyone else remember leaving the room in the hope it would load better when you werent there? icon_lol.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:

360 here...i was always a playstation fan and owned the ps1/2 but i just find the 360 more to my liking now. At the moment both platforms are lacking some good title's (for me anyway) but xbox live keeps it going strong imo and ive played PSN and live beats it hands down. This is what PC gaming should have been.

Sony will always have a strong market but lets face it, both nintendo and MS have stole a massive chunk of that market back and i think its going to continue with that trend.

I've already had two die on me, so third time's the charm, right? Right..?

Nope, always switch mine off, including the stupid samsung lcd which is in constant standby! whoever decided that needs there head looking at!

Ive never been a fan of FF but it shows you that sony isnt everything now as it will be released on other platforms which once would of been a sony exclusive.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you say Final Fantasy 360 or CCCLX? I'm not suprised. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Well, hm, guess I'll have to purchase a 360 now. They even moved Tales of Vesperia to it. I'm still getting a PS3 for Resident evil 5 though.

I thought RE 5 was supposed to come out for the 360 and the PS3? Is it supposed to be better on the PS3?
    Sie wrote:

I have an Xbox 360, I purchased it for The Force unleased. When I first got it I was kinda dissapointed. The only games I liked where Halo 3 and Gears of War which are to short. I did pick up GTA IV though and that game is pretty fun. I am sure the Force Unleashed will make it all worthwhile though.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My collection

Nintendo Wii

Manhunt 2
    Zelda twilight princess
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Red Steel
    Zack and Wiki
    Metroid Prime 3
    Mario Galaxy
    Resi Evil 4
    Wii Sports

Gamecube

Skies of Arcadia Legends
    Metroid Prime 2
    Pikmin
    Windwaker+ Ocarina of Time
    Resi Evil 0+1

PS3

Call Of Duty 4
    Metal Gear 4
    The Darkness
    GTA 4
    Drakes Fortune
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma

PS2

FF12
    FF7
    FF10
    FF9

( Looking forward to?)

FF13, Fallout 3, Resi Evil 5, Soul Caliber 4, Kid Icarus, New game from retro sudios
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I absolutely loved Skies of Arcadia Legends! Rumour has a Wii (and possible PS3) sequel in the works as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ally_uk, you are seriously lacking in Gamecube games. I hope those aren't the only ones you've played.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No dude I had to sell the majority of my game cube collection shame the 3rd party support let that console down icon_sad.gif

Eternal Darkness
    Resi Evil 4 gamecube
    Beyond good and evil
    Soul Caliber 2
    Twin Snakes

Were some of the Gamecube classics I enjoyed i'm currently addicted to Call of duty 4 multiplayer so my Wii hasn't really got a look in Let's hope Ninty announce some gems at E3 today!
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
    Gamecube "classics"? Jeez am I getting old? I thought classics were Space Invaders and PONG?

I think by far the 'best system' is the SNES. Too many fantastic titles and simple gameplay and easily some of the best games ever made.

Sie wrote:

I'm out for the day, and look what you do to my thread! icon_cry.gif

Just a 360 here. I've had every console, every generation for as long as I can remember. The PS3 might be the first one that I skip out on unless they come out with some killer exclusives. God of War 3 is the only thing that is still interesting for me.

RE5 is coming to the 360 for whoever was talking about that (sorry, too lazy to go back a page). It has online co-op too!
    dynamik wrote:
    Sie wrote:

Just a 360 here. I've had every console, every generation for as long as I can remember. The PS3 might be the first one that I skip out on unless they come out with some killer exclusives. God of War 3 is the only thing that is still interesting for me.

RE5 is coming to the 360 for whoever was talking about that (sorry, too lazy to go back a page). It has online co-op too!

fine fine, lets talk systems. Here is what I have/had in my arsenal:

Nintendo
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy color
    Gameboy Advanced
    DS
    Sony PS1
    PS2
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    icon_eek.gif you know after you compile the list, you realize how much $$$ is involved!!! Man I could have bought a car or something! icon_lol.gif

the only way I see a PS3 in my future is if Gran Turismo ever comes out and its the greatest racing game of all time. But at the rate sony is losing all its exclusivities, it should be released on the 360 by years end icon_lol.gif

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Sie wrote:

Nintendo
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy color
    Gameboy Advanced
    DS
    Sony PS1
    PS2
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    icon_eek.gif you know after you compile the list, you realize how much $$$ is involved!!! Man I could have bought a car or something! icon_lol.gif

the only way I see a PS3 in my future is if Gran Turismo ever comes out and its the greatest racing game of all time. But at the rate sony is losing all its exclusivities, it should be released on the 360 by years end icon_lol.gif

Aw dude, no Virtual Boy w/ Mario Golf? icon_sunny.gif
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
    jryantech wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Sie wrote:

Nintendo
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    Gameboy
    Gameboy color
    Gameboy Advanced
    DS
    Sony PS1
    PS2
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast
    Xbox
    Xbox 360

Aw dude, no Virtual Boy w/ Mario Golf? icon_sunny.gif

Played it but never owned it. friend had it, and it really f's up your eyes. icon_shaking.gif

Except Sony owns the studio that makes GT, same with GoW. There are constant rumors that MGS4 is going to be ported over. Little Big Planet looks interesting, but it's not a reason to purchase the system.

I was planning on getting a PS3 with FFXIII for blu-ray, but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe they'll make an add-on for my 360 eventually.

My list is the same as yours minus the gameboys. I never was into portable gaming. I do have a DS for my educational import kanji games though...