Options

Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

abclukeabcluke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back, and passed!

890, I nearly fainted when i knew i passed.

thanks all that helped ;)

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

Please share with us how you prepared for the exam.
  • Options
    abclukeabcluke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All. Well, I basically read the MS press book twice, the second parts were more useful, I made sure i did all the tasks sets in that part. I also read the Mike Meyers Passport for 70-210. I gotta admint, i thought the passport book was a waste of time, i felt they just copied info out of the ms press book. For the Server, I will be purchasing the examcram2.

Basically after i read my documentation, I just did as many practice exams i could get my exam on, including trancenders. I made sure I read all the information regarding to each question, even the wrong answers. By doing this, I learnt about the technologies they tried to trick me with. The more I did this, the more my confidence gained. Then I knew I was ready :)

When I took the exam, any questions I was unsure of, I marked, and reviewed at the end. I was thrown into a subject of elimination, and then could routhly pick the answer i thought was more correct.

I had a few questions which I did not know at all! 1 question annoyed me though, it was about the swap file, isnt it suppose to be 1.5x the RAM?, well they didnt have that optition, just 1x and 2x. Really annoyed me, because I always thought it was 1.5.

Oh well, thanks to those who helped me on here with those questions i gathered which confused me.
  • Options
    skeetzskeetz Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    alexander_ralexander_r Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When studying for 70-210 using Measureup I found that the maximum size of the swap file should be double the memory for example if you would have a stick of 128mb of ram then you want your max size to be 256mb. It also mentioned that if you set the begining to the double size "256" then that would improve performance because it helps with not having fragmented data and so that the OS would not have to customize the size of the swap to accomadate the memory usage.
    Progress is not a slow process!