CV question

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys just dusting off the CV i'm having trouble with the wording at the start of the CV i usually give a brief profile.

Experience wise I have worked as a 1st line support techy for 2 years and a I.T technician for 2 years thus giving me 4 years altogether in the game.

I have good support knowledge working in a Windows environment but really am stumped as to what to write in the first paragraph to make my cv stand out.

Can somebody help me out?
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Theres a few post on this in the Job and Careers section.

However I updated mine recently and basically put a brief summary of me as a person and my strengths, the time in the field and what area I had covered.

Something to grab their attention but not to much to bore them.

You'll find some people here like the summary, some dont.

The most important thing to do is talor each CV to the job and the qualities they require without lying!

Good Luck!!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

I personaly dont feel that this gives you an advantage over the next guy who had a better summary, its standard to have one as an opener for your CV under your name address but it can say anything about you so I wouldnt get too wound up trying to impress at this stage

a very good point is this

If you are posting your CV on a website example "jobsite", potential recruiters will simply do a search across all stored CV's searching for particular words and phrases that pertains to the vacancy they are trying to fill.

Sum up your skills and abilities into industry words like desktop, support, server 2003, exchange, DHCP, Linux etc etc....and make sure you have all of these words contained in your CV, otherwise you will be selling yourself short over the next guy who fully detailed all his/her abilities

Hope this helps and good luck with your job hunting

Lee H
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out this thread...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33555&start=0

There is some good info in it.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2