Relyl on a serial interface

gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
Hey guys quick question.

Is low reliability an indication of a physical layer issue? I am working on a t1 which rely keeps going up and down. I have seen it bounce between 195 and 238 over 255.
‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
you'll never get it done"

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This could be caused by numerous things at either level. When it bounces, does both the line protocol and link go down?

Can you display a sh int?

Have the other circuits in the path been tested? If so are they having any issues or do they come up clean?
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    Log doesnt show any bounces. The last time it bouce was back in may 5th. The ckt shows up/up with rely going up and down. and I also see input errors. We are getting crc and aborts.
    what type of circuit is it? Usually if its a WAN circuit CRC errors are caused by bad cable pair. If its ethernet it may be a duplex mismatch
    Also do you see carrier transitions on your side? can you post the sh int stats on both your side and the other end?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Does the T1 have an external CSU/DSU or is it internal to the T1 card?

If external are there any errors on the CSU?

Are the CRC and input errors still climbing?

Has a clear counters been done recently to see if they come back?

:D
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    After doing some testin with one of the engineers here we came with the conclusion that the port where that t1 is riding is bad. We can't even see the serial looped when looping the local port. This is a PE router for an ISP. I try to loop another t1 on the same t3 controller and was able to see the loop. Sorry I couldnt port sh int but this for a customer connection...