Options

Passed CCNA

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
Finally passed the CCNA 640-802!

I understand I have to register on the Cisco site, but when I put in my First, Last Name, and Reg ID, it's not recognizing it. I just finished this exam about 2 hours ago. How long before the Cisco site will recognizing my name???

Is there anything else I have to do now too?

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! :D:D
    the login can take a few days so give it some time, what are you planning on going after next?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations man!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    I am deciding weather I want to go after Comptia Linux+ or Comptia Security+.

What do you guys think is more beneficial ?
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Grats niter! Update your profile!

Do you plan on working with linux in your job or a job you're looking to get?
  • Options
    I've done unix administration at my previous jobs and I've been using linux as my primary desktop for about 5 years now. At the moment I am working in an windows enviornment.
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! The forum was very supportive in preparing for the exam. All I can say is I was dreaming Cisco!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, how did you find the exam? any parts you would recommend studying hardcore on without breaking the nda?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    1.) Subnetting
    2.) Time management
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

You'll probably be in the system and have access to the Cisco Certification Tracking System sometime tomorrow -- but they do say it can take a few days (or up to 10 I think).

If you have a SPAM filter on your email, make sure you check that every day -- you should also be getting an email with the instructions for the Certification Tracking System.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, very cool! As for your next exam, I'd say go for Linux+ before Security+. You can get a lot out of Linux+ right from the get-go, but Security+ is a second-tier certification that you benefit the most from when you have experience with a couple of different technologies. Getting CCNA is a good step towards having that knowledge, as is some foundational knowledge in *NIX and other operating systems, (i.e. Windows).

Congrats again, and good luck!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey man congrats!
  • Options
    Ok thanks.

Well I will look into the Linux+. I should find that a lot easier than I did the CCNA as I have a lot of experience with Linux.
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to persist, Niter!!

:D
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    nice job buddy .... how long did it take for you to prepare 640-802 ?
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    ggcivicsiggcivicsi Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats bud i want to be saying the same thing you are in a few weeks.
  • Options
    nice job buddy .... how long did it take for you to prepare 640-802 ?

Just over 2 months. I would suggest you read more than one book and really hit the practice questions hard. Also, know your subnetting and have yourself organized for the time you have during the test.

Note, I failed twice before passing because I should have reviewed a lot more practice questions.
  • Options
    TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    niter3 wrote:
    I am deciding weather I want to go after Comptia Linux+ or Comptia Security+.

What do you guys think is more beneficial ?

My vote goes to Security+, but why take a CompTIA exam? Why not aim for the CCNA-Security instead?
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I just passed this one myself.You are correct about the subnetting and Time management.Its one of those either you know it or you don't keep moving.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, what were your impressions on the sims?

I'm a little nervous because my 640-816 is scheduled for this Sunday. Subnetting I've got down pat, I'm straight surgical with CIDR. But, I'm still brushing up on NAT, ACLs, VLAN, and VTP because those are my weak areas.

Practice question suggestions?