Options

70-293 Passed - What to know for the Exam.

chrismiddichrismiddi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-293 today.

43 Questions with 3 SIMS
I found that there was a lot of questions around following

- DNS, specifically DNS server placement in a firewalled environment. with perimeter network. Know and understand zone types and what they do and how they update.

-NLB & Clustering, when to use each type, and where and how to configure options within cluster admin. Also understand options on the advanced tab of NLB adapter. Affinities, Single,None, Class C.

-IPSEC, What each of the standard policies do, when to implement them and how to implement them in group policies.

-PKI, Know and understand the different types of CA, the benefits of each and when to use each type in a given scenario. Also know how to configure your CA to publish a certain type of certificates and the methods of enrollment.

I used MS Press Books for this exam, and ran Virtual Machines on Virtual PC 2007.

Hope this helps everyone.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    natestreetnatestreet Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

I'm planning on taking 70-293 in August. I recently passed 70-291 and am slightly wondering what additional areas I should know for DNS for the 70-293 exam. I feel like I've covered everything I could possibly think of in DNS, but would not doubt Microsoft for surprising me on this exam. I know 70-293 is supposed to focus on design more than the implementation aspect of DNS, but am having trouble understanding what else is new for the 70-293 exam.

I've finished with reading through the MSPress book and will start going through the labs soon. Then its hitting the Transcenders constantly until the test date.

I will be ecstatic to get this exam over with and done with the Network Infrastructure portion of the MCSEs. I feel like my health insurance should go back down!
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I've had problems getting myself motivated to go back for 70-293 after getting my MCSA a few months back, but I hope to get it done in the next 30 days.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats! What's next on your agenda? 70-294?

I am currently using the MS Press book in my studies for this exam as well.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)