Options

Do you get a welcome pack with 70-290

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have just passed 70-290 and wondered if you get a welcome pack from Microsoft. It has been over a week since I passed. On the ms learning site it shows in my transcript but I do not have any option to order a welcome pack. Maybe its that you only get one MCP certificate and then when you get MCSA or MCSE you get certificates for those but not other MCPs Any Ideas??

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you pass 1 Microsoft test you become a MCP and get a welcome kit for that. Once you pass your MCSA and then MCSE you will get welcome kits for those.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cool thanks for your reply
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yep, as long as your aware that you have to put a order in for it (doesn't cost nothing). They don't just send them automatically. Sometimes it just take a while for the site to update.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My welcome kit came in today. Contains 1 flimsy looking card with your name and MCP ID number and a printed certification which looks like some creative design from Microsoft's Nursery School for their employee's kids icon_redface.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    My welcome kit came in today. Contains 1 flimsy looking card with your name and MCP ID number and a printed certification which looks like some creative design from Microsoft's Nursery School for their employee's kids icon_redface.gif
    Well you're really going to love the MCTS scheme then. I think they just picked up a drunk monkey to design their graphics instead of hiring a person. The economy really is in the crapper.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    brad- wrote:
    Well you're really going to love the MCTS scheme then. I think they just picked up a drunk monkey to design their graphics instead of hiring a person. The economy really is in the crapper.
    Microsoft cheaping out because of the economy is like the Pope riding in a bulletproof car for fear death by assassination. What chance do the rest of us have if things are that bad?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome kits are a must. The box in my closet needs me to feed it with welcome kits every so often or it gets cranky from hunger. Damn that box!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm still waiting on my MCTS certificate for SQL Server, but after reading this thread I did a google image search on it. It has big sections of some horrible ugly yellow (baby poop) color. It reminded me of the harvest yellow appliances that my grandmother had. Seattle rain must be getting to them.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i also heard they stopped sending out badges, i have a MCP from a few years ago and have never worn it, maybe they have realised that not many people wear them

Lee H