Options

Passed BCMSN

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys, I passed my 642-812 today. I received a 977. I was doing some lab scenarios lastnight, and let's say thankfully I was having some strange issues that needed a lot of troubleshooting. That troubleshooting helped me a lot today. Hands on at work helped as well. I think the BSCI was a lot harder. Here is my score report:

Implement VLANs-100%
Conduct the operation of Spanning Tree Protocols in a hierarchical network-100%
Implement Inter-VLAN routing-100%
Implement gateway redundancy technologies-85%
Describe and configure wireless client access-90%
Describe and configure security features in a switched network-100%
Configure support for voice-100%

This test was no joke...not that any Cisco test ever is...

Thanks for the support guys, 2 more to go. I think ISCW is up next...or ONT. I'm not sure which yet.
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Not a bad score at all. I can only hope that I'll do as well when my time comes. Congratulations, and good luck on the next one.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Take some time for drunken_smilie.gif, and then back to icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thanks guys! mike, i will certainly set some time aside for celebration.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Not a bad score at all. I can only hope that I'll do as well when my time comes. Congratulations, and good luck on the next one.

I'm sure you will. What's your ccnp plan look like?
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    great score
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    thanks!!
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    great job. i hope to pass the bcmsn in a couple weeks. then its on to ONT!! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I say heeeeyyyyyyyyyy Space Lord Motha Motha!!!!

Seriously though congrats on your pass!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    awesome! congrats! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif:D:D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Thank you guys, good luck on your future tests.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score! Go rest and get ready for the next one.... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    Congrats and great score! Go rest and get ready for the next one.... icon_wink.gif

Thanks, Im thinking a week off may be in order. I'm 7 months in as of now.
  • Options
    CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Remember, it takes 30 days to build a habit, but only 3 days to break it....

So you only get 2 days of drunken_smilie.gif before you have to get back to icon_study.gif -- you don't want to lose your good study habits :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's why I just study drunk. It works out as long as you take the tests drunk as well. It's science icon_cool.gif

A few paragraphs on Wikipedia totally proves it!
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Dude that's a totally awesome score. Congrats!

Care to share what your study methods were? With a score like that, you either had a top-notch study habit or you've been working on this hands on for a while. I'm actually not looking forward to BCMSN all that much. Switching was my weakest when I took the CCNA. Hopefully it gets better for me down the road.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Dude that's a totally awesome score. Congrats!

Care to share what your study methods were? With a score like that, you either had a top-notch study habit or you've been working on this hands on for a while. I'm actually not looking forward to BCMSN all that much. Switching was my weakest when I took the CCNA. Hopefully it gets better for me down the road.

I have two really sharp mentors at work who are working on their CCIEs right now and we do a lot of mock labs at work. My stepfather was a network admin/engineer for many years, but now does equipment sales. He likes to quiz me constantly and sets up mock labs for me at home as well so I'm pretty lucky. I also have the CCNP library, lab books, and some CCIE level R&S literature. I have worked on/with Cisco switches in varying roles for about 5 years now . I try to read a new book every 4 or 5 days on the topics. For the BCMSN I read the ccnp library book,the self study guide, and the ccnp library book again. I also use the CBT Nuggets. Also, I don't have a wife and/or kids so that helps. I try to stay immersed in the topic I'm studying.