CISSP results

kathyy89kathyy89 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I recently sat for the CISSP exam (last Sat.). Most of the people that I know who passed the exam received their results via email the following Friday. It's late Friday and I still haven't received any email from ISC2. Does that mean that I failed?

Thanks,
Kathy

Comments

  • jayman47jayman47 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi and welcome to the forum.I'm no longer a newbee alone in here.Don't you get a message if you don't make it?No news is good news as my mother says.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kathyy89 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

    I recently sat for the CISSP exam (last Sat.). Most of the people that I know who passed the exam received their results via email the following Friday. It's late Friday and I still haven't received any email from ISC2. Does that mean that I failed?

    Thanks,
    Kathy
    The earliest you will get the results is 10 days after taking the exam. In fact, ISC2 says it could take up to 30 days before you get the results. You will receive an email if you pass or fail; just make sure you email address is correct in their system.

    I received my notification on the 10th day on the nose after the exam. Look for the results by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week but don't worry if they don't come by then. You can also call the Candidate Services number if you are feeling impatient. 1.888.333.4458
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,893 Admin
    I hadn't received my SSCP results 10 days after I had taken the exam, so I emailed [email protected] and was almost immediately sent my results. I don't know if they had to look up my results up for me or it was just sitting in a queue waiting to be sent at a later time.

    And pass or fail you do receive an email from the (ISC)2. Be sure to check you spam/junk mail folder.
  • salamanksalamank Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I hadn't received my SSCP results 10 days after I had taken the exam, so I emailed [email protected] and was almost immediately sent my results. I don't know if they had to look up my results up for me or it was just sitting in a queue waiting to be sent at a later time.

    And pass or fail you do receive an email from the (ISC)2. Be sure to check you spam/junk mail folder.


    Hello JD,

    Can you please tell me what your message to ISC2 read like? I don't wanna come off as an @$$ being that I have not waited for the 4-6 weeks alloted for grading. As many people I am waiting on these results to make a critical job move.

    I sat in for the CISSP on 23 May.

    Thanks in advance!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    salamank wrote: »
    I sat in for the CISSP on 23 May.

    I would rush to email them just yet, current processing times are upto 6 weeks. So ten days is nothing to worry about.

    The waiting game is all part of the fun of CISSP.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received my results in 5 weeks.... Chill.
  • salamanksalamank Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks to both of you!

    Now I am certain I failed! Pardon the drama but I comtinuosly replay images of questions I may have answered wrong. Last night I was waking every hour to check my email. I think the worst part is having so many people with expectations who are already CISSPs. They're all confident I passed and diagnose my symptoms as normal. This just makes it worst and I am planning a hideout plan for when the "failed" results come it.

    Oh well, for some reason, it's comforting to express some of this patience torture.

    Do you remember around what time of the day the emails come in? God, I sound so pittiful...If I had received my results the day of, I would have been over it by now.

    I'll try to chill; perhaps I'll lock myself out of my own email account so I don't check it every 2 minutes...laugh it up...this feeling sucks!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    salamank wrote: »
    do you remember around what time of the day the emails come in? God, I sound so pittiful...If I had received my results the day of, I would have been over it by now.

    I'll try to chill; perhaps I'll lock myself out of my own email account so I don't check it every 2 minutes...laugh it up...this feeling sucks!

    The time varies depending on where you are, I received mine mid afternoon.

    Dont beat yourself up over it, I know its not easy, but we've all been there. I know that I had thought I'd failed and many others I know felt the same after sitting the exam, but you really cant tell.
    You've no doubt been filling your time studying prior to the exam, now your at a loss as to how to fill that void. Just go look at\do something else to take your mind off it the results will come as soon as they do icon_smile.gif
    But yep it sucks lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    It's been 3 weeks since I took my exam (May 15th, Norfolk, VA), 14 business days and I've yet to receive results. I e-mailed ISC2 and got an immediate response that the exams for that location on that date have not been graded yet.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • salamanksalamank Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read somewhere how May is one of the months when most exams are offered and therefore we may in fact be looking at a 4-5 week wait.

    I personally was anxious because I had been depending on this credential to decide on a dramatic career change (military to civilian). Being short on time, I made my decision today. If I passed, praise God! but if I didn't, it will not break my deal.

    p.s. thx JDMURRAY
  • jimbalayajimbalaya Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cabrillo24 wrote: »
    It's been 3 weeks since I took my exam (May 15th, Norfolk, VA), 14 business days and I've yet to receive results. I e-mailed ISC2 and got an immediate response that the exams for that location on that date have not been graded yet.

    I took my exam in Norfolk, VA on April 2nd. Got my passing result exactly 4 weeks later. They sure do take their sweet time grading them!
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    I remember a few years back they upgraded their systems to have shorter turn around times. Just wish I understood the actual process from the minute we turn in our exams. I know they are mailed over there, but how long the actual process takes....and what is invlolved...
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • salamanksalamank Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Praise God! I PASSED!!!

    Can't believe my results came in on a Sunday...loving life!
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    salamank wrote: »
    Praise God! I PASSED!!!

    Can't believe my results came in on a Sunday...loving life!

    congrats !!!
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • singh_mikesingh_mike Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    salamank wrote: »
    Praise God! I PASSED!!!

    Can't believe my results came in on a Sunday...loving life!

    I wish I could say that...icon_redface.gif
  • skvskv Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike -- have you already taken the CISSP exam?
  • singh_mikesingh_mike Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    skv wrote: »
    Mike -- have you already taken the CISSP exam?

    yeah on Dec.11th. Still waiting... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Pinky&TheBrainPinky&TheBrain Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry Mike we are in the same boat. I took it December 17th in Dulles, VA and still waiting as well. Also another guy on my thread that took it on the 17th stated he got an e-mail from ISC2 today informing him that his test has not been graded yet. So hopefully our testing "group" will get results next week. Good Luck and enjoy your weekend.
  • singh_mikesingh_mike Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry Mike we are in the same boat. I took it December 17th in Dulles, VA and still waiting as well. Also another guy on my thread that took it on the 17th stated he got an e-mail from ISC2 today informing him that his test has not been graded yet. So hopefully our testing "group" will get results next week. Good Luck and enjoy your weekend.

    Thanks Pinky! I finally received the email yesterday that I passed. Phew!! Good luck to you.
  • Pinky&TheBrainPinky&TheBrain Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well it then appears next week should be my results since you took it 6 days ahead of me.... What a wait and congrats too!!!
  • skvskv Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    singh_mike wrote: »
    Thanks Pinky! I finally received the email yesterday that I passed. Phew!! Good luck to you.

    Congratulations Mike!!!

    Hopefully, I should be hearing something in the next week or so.....I took the exam 7 days after you in Reston.
  • skvskv Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I guess we should be next Pinky, we're upto Dec 11th results being sent out. I'm a day behind you -- all eyes on you :D
  • mikamumikamu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like many others, I too sat the 12/17 exam in Tampa. In the 25 days since, I've determined that maintaining any semblance of patience is far more challenging than the exam ^_^ This wait is brutal!
  • busoh.sensenbusoh.sensen Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice to hear that bro..
    I wish i could say that too this year (hopefully)
Sign In or Register to comment.