Options

Load Balance on 2 Cable Links

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Forum,
I am trying to work with a few labs, and i want to load balance my traffic over 2x Cable links. I have a 2600 series router with two cable cards. How would i configure my router to load balance data over the two links? I am not worried about load balancing for the protols and coverage, but the data.

Can anyone recomand labs, or model or Best Practice methods?

Thank you,
J
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GLBP sounds like it would do what you want assuming that the cable links are connecting to a service provider for internet access or otherwise being used for a gateway. If the cable links are used as connections within your IGP domain you can use the routing protocol-specific load balancing (eigrp can use differing unequal cost links to load balance, OSPF requires that the links be equal cost.

The application dictates the method.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:
    GLBP sounds like it would do what you want assuming that the cable links are connecting to a service provider for internet access or otherwise being used for a gateway. If the cable links are used as connections within your IGP domain you can use the routing protocol-specific load balancing (eigrp can use differing unequal cost links to load balance, OSPF requires that the links be equal cost.

Both links are my connection to my service provider.

Thank you.
    Arrakis
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    datchcha wrote:
    Paul Boz wrote:

Thank you.

datchcha,

Are both links to the SAME service provider?
  • Options
    datchcha wrote:
    Paul Boz wrote:

Thank you.

datchcha,

Are both links to the SAME service provider?
    I believe so, i will double check, but for right now, lets say they are...and i will get back to you.

Thanks airman
    Arrakis