Options

login/logoff problem

anyone ever come across this problem... everytime i try turn the computer on it goes to the login screen.. logins and logoff right away... same thing in safe mode... Any suggestions on whats wrong wtih it???

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Might be a profile issue. Have you tried logging in with a different account?
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    If the admin AND user account do the same thing I personally would boot into the recovery console and run a chkdsk /r if this doesnt help try a repair install of XP. (Im assuming thats what OS is being used?)

Have seen this happen due to malware in the past aswell as a instance of 'unknown origin' icon_confused.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Does it happen with EVERY account? or just one?

I do this to my best friend i work with when I need to get back at him. I place a log off script in his start up folder.....then watch him try and log in 10 times in a row.

But seriously, check the startup folder (if you can with a different account) and msconfig --> startup

ya....never know. Otherwise you can try and re-create the profile.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can, I would piggy back the hard drive to a PC as a secondary drive. Then run some malware tools when the primary HD
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I do this to my best friend i work with when I need to get back at him. I place a log off script in his start up folder.....then watch him try and log in 10 times in a row.

I love unexpected treasures like that. These forums have shown me a lot of interesting things that I never come across in my books icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    this is what i did to cause it... I used snapshot on my primary hd and loaded it to an spare one i had... just to see if i could swap it out and see if it works... I still have the primary one but i wanna see if i can load the secondary one... i did a chdsk already... it set to autologon so theres no option for me to change my username... any other suggestions?? thanks ahead of time...
  • Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    so i did it repair... which i was hoping to be my last resort... but it works.. thanks all..