Options

laptop crashes

nangananga Member Posts: 201
Hello Ppl, GM

I have this weird old toshiba laptop...satellite series....which kept on having BSOD ...error mentioned APIC issue and BIOS update problem or some driver conflict , couple of months back. Suggested me to update from some website( i faintly remember). I tried everything but to no avail.

This time I formatted that disk several times and loaded XP on it...but this time I shut off the windows update. So technically the system didnt update itself for several months and it was working fine.

Again this weekend I am getting that BSOD and to be very funny I format the system ( complete format), start to reload the xp from the same CD ...but it crashes in between having a BSOD. I tried installing it 10 times yersterday and i got 5,6 different BSOD .

Any suggestions.!

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My first thought is some sort of hardware issue with Memory or the hard drive.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You may be having issues with your ram, especially if it is a different error code on each blue screen. That's usually one of the telling symptoms. I'd recommend trying that ultimate boot cd that dynamik keeps pushing. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ Run the memory diagnostics and see if they fail. If they do then strip out the ram and test one stick in both slots and then another stick in both slots, assuming you have two sticks of ram in that machine. If the error follows a certain stick of ram then it is the ram if the problem is independent of the ram then it is probably the motherboard.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, very highly the RAM. Run memtest or windows memory diag to check them. Memtest comes with the UBCD that undomiel mentioned.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    thanks for the feedback and the need hope. I changed my RAM 6,7 months back suspecting the ram issue. but the problem never stopped.

I think most probably its the motherboad. Anyways I shall use the tool mentioed. I am excited to try out.

Thanks for the suggestions

U guys rock !