Options

CCENT/CCNA?

ggcivicsiggcivicsi Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey fellas

I was wondering what you guys recommend? Should I take the CCNA as one test? Or should I split it up and do two test?

I'm currently studying for it and still debating on which route to go...can I get some insight on what I should do. Would it be easier to just do the one and get it over with?

1) Just go for the CCNA one test
2) Just take one test at a time = two test =CCNA? icon_rolleyes.gif

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The answer to that question will be strongly correlated to your comfort level with the material and previous networking experience. Keep in mind that you are not just being tested on Cisco exam blueprint but you must be able to complete it within a time frame.

If you are not very comfortable with the material it will affect your timing. Personally, I prefer to go for broke and get it over in one exam but it really depends on you.

Good luck either way and feel free to ask questions along the trek. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Blang008Blang008 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for it and I think I am going the two exam route. I have some cisco and networking experience, but ultimately I don't take tests that great. It will be better for me to break it up and concentrate on one part and then the other. But ITDude is right, It really depends on what you feel comfortable doing.
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went the two test route because the CBT Nugget videos scared me off the one exam format. I guess it depends on how you like to study, etc.
  • Options
    How did the CBT Nugget scared u off the one exam route?

Thanks for the replies fellas.
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jeremy basically said you'd be super pressured for time, etc, etc. I guess if you aren't real fast with subnetting it will be a problem.
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Here is how I looked at it. I can study longer and harder and take one test which consist of both 50-60 easy and hard questions or I can study the easy stuff, take one easy 50-60 question test, then study the hard stuff and take one hard 50-60 question test. Also, I would be paying twice as much. It made the decision easier for me. On one 50-60 question test how much stuff can they cram into the test? Not as much as doing two separate test. My advice, get some equipment, Packet Tracer, CBT Nuggets and Cisco Press book, study hard, take one test.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The single test is $250, and the individual tests are $125. There is no longer a difference in price. Just your time, gas, etc. for a second trip to the test center.
  • Options
    I will know more on which route I will take in a week or so....

thanks again for all the replys
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I would say now with the new CCNA (640-802) i would go the 2 route option, here's why.

In the older version (640-801) , the INTRO was insanely easy and you had to know very little in comparison to the ICND - in short the INTRO was about 30% while the ICND was about 70%.

Now however, they made it so both tests are a bit more equal in terms of difficulty.. so that in turn is a bit of an easier task to complete.

If you feel confident and feel like you can retain the amount of information that the CCNA has, then by all means go for it and get it done in one shot, but for people who haven't been doing it a while, I would go with the 2 test route.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    dynamik wrote:
    The single test is $250, and the individual tests are $125. There is no longer a difference in price. Just your time, gas, etc. for a second trip to the test center.

Good call, didn't know that. At the time I only paid 150 I think for the one exam. I just find that it makes more sense to have double your study time and get less questions to answer. I would just hate to be under that pressure twice LOL.
  • Options
    I guess I'll be taking the 2 part exam fellas.

Figure why push myself and take the whole thing at once when they were nice enough to separate the test into two test.

:D

Wish me luck I am about to make my appt for the first part of the CCNA.

Hopefully the next time I post I can say I am CCENT certified. :D
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Since there is no longer a price difference between the 1 or 2 exam option, if you don't mind the extra trip to the exam center (and gas) and the extra questions, then you may as well pick up that extra piece of paper (the CCENT) -- and the extra line on your resume.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks alot Mike

Hey bud do you remember the free retake code I need to input? Im hoping I dont need it but who knows.

:D
  • Options
    They won't let me schedule an exam...i guess I have to ask for permission first from Cisco.

icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    ggcivicsi wrote:
    They won't let me schedule an exam...i guess I have to ask for permission first from Cisco.

icon_sad.gif

umm what?? unless you're under 18 I don't see why they wouldn't let you...
  • Options
    I don't know either man...

this is what i get

Before you can continue, your account needs to be updated. Please go to add Testing Program to add Cisco Systems, Inc. to your profile.

and I did but nothing happens...its weird
  • Options
    This is what I get

Your request to add Cisco Systems Testing has been forwarded to our Testing Program team. If you provided a valid email address, we will notify you when your request has been processed. This typically occurs within one business day. You can also return to this site and check if Cisco Systems Testing has been added to your list of Testing Programs.

Thank you for your interest in Cisco Systems Testing.

Weird
  • Options
    I have another quick question fellas.

on the CCENT/CCNA test if you get partial of the answer correct do you get any points or do you just miss the whole question as a whole?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    ggcivicsi wrote:

on the CCENT/CCNA test if you get partial of the answer correct do you get any points or do you just miss the whole question as a whole?

Thanks

I don't think cisco discloses that information.. it might be in violation of the NDA
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ggcivicsi wrote:

Thanks

On the sims, you do get partial credit. I dont think you would get partial credit for other questions. This is unlike MS where if you dont do what they are looking for, you dont get any points.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    MobilOne wrote:
    ggcivicsi wrote:

Thanks

On the sims, you do get partial credit. I dont think you would get partial credit for other questions. This is unlike MS where if you dont do what they are looking for, you dont get any points.

Thanks bud
  • Options
    Today at 3pm is the big date fellas

Hopefully I come through and pass.

I'm alittle worried now....hehe

GL to me. icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    I PASSED FELLAS WITH 896.

I'M JUST SO HAPPY I PASSED. NOW I HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON ICND2 NOW. HOPE I GET THROUGH IT THE FIRST TIME ALSO.

THANKS AGAIN FELLAS!

icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ggcivicsi wrote:
    I PASSED
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!