Sybex CCNA Virtual Lab Platinum

mitchellislearningmitchellislearning Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey all first off i own this software. it came w my book. Is this a useful tool at all if u dont have actual hardware?
The thread itself is weak, its the weave that makes cloth strong.

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    Is this a useful tool at all if u dont have actual hardware?
    If you have nothing else it can't hurt :D just remember simulators are usually limited to what they can do, so your book may show different options, etc... then what the simulator shows
    WIP: IPS exam
  • mitchellislearningmitchellislearning Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It appears that this software goes hand in hand with Sybex. it came with a lab book with 80 some labs. im gonna try to get some real equipment. have access to like home routers a few AP's and other Lynksis stuff, will any of that help? I really want to get some hands on exp ive aways been into hardware. hearing the hardware specs to a computer is better than pron lol. if i can rentrack time should i do that?
    The thread itself is weak, its the weave that makes cloth strong.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    APs and Linksys gear won't really help your CCNA studies much

but here's a great blog for building a cheap CCNA home lab
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/24916

racktime is a good option (though depending on how much you rent it may be just as expensive to buy a home lab) if you do it that way you really should set up a study schedule and insert in days to practice on the rack throughout your studies as it's very easy to get rusty if you don't keep practicing and make sure you can hit the racks the entire day to get the full value
    WIP: IPS exam