Options

Passed !!!!

motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
I passed the Security+ today, to be honest, while I was taking the test I was sure that a fail was right around the corner. Some of the questions were about material that I hadn't seen in any of my travels of websites, CBT's, website and such. I am sure they were part of the non scored question pool or possibly some of the new quesions from the 2008 update.

As I was finishing up the questionaire, I started to get the normal gut wrench feeling and the screen popped up with an 830! I had about 15 minutes left and was able to review 10 questions before I felt I was done. The facility was great and the staff were professional.

So here is a list of the material I studied off and on in the last 4 months, most of the hard core studying was in the last month and a half. I think my wife/kid are finally glad it's over too.... they just know what is next...LOL! icon_lol.gif

I agree with many others that have said the more material from different sources is the best way to prepare. On the

TechExams material and threads! Thanks for all the input from all the posters, the study material, and I know that it helped in my passing this test.

Testout CBT's. I have to rate this as a great set up training material. The host can be a little tiring, but you soon get over that and the detail of material provided is VERY to the point and little fat involved. I am very glad that I used this. I wish that he provided more flow charts/diagrams like CBT nuggets, but over all I plan on using this software for my other certs! THe sims/tests were great and can actaully help in microsoft certs.

CBT Nuggets were very helpful as well. I liked the fact it was visual. Personally, I learn better by watching something than reading. It if had actauly sims it would rate higher in my book.

ExamCram2 book. I was good reading while on the throne!

Measure up software.... not too impressed, although other's rate it highly.

I made sure to keep testing with online tests from many different sources, sims, and such until I was hitting 85-100's.

I have seen some posts across the web stating negativity about this cert, how it's general, and not regarded highly ( Comptia needs to really look at how they word questions!), but I think that the broadness of material this cert covers should not be taken lightly. Good job to ALL who have passed this test, I went in a little confident and got a slap of reality to put me in my place! Good luck to all who are working towards this cert!
-WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

All these people passing this one reminds me I really have to finish this one up... icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    astorrs wrote:
    All these people passing this one reminds me I really have to finish this one up... icon_confused.gif

+1
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    motogpman wrote:
    ExamCram2 book. I was good reading while on the throne!

That's a new one but TMI!!

icon_eek.gif

Congrats!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!