Options

Mobile Remote Administration

msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
This one is for all the Admins out there:
I was looking at software that I could use on my blackberry for mobile administration and I found a company called rove mobile who has an application called Mobile Admin (coincidence? :P ) I am just wondering if anybody has used this before and what they think of it.
the site is rovemobile.com and the link to the demo is:
http://www.rovemobile.com/products/networkadministration/ma/matour/

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    msnelgrove wrote:
    This one is for all the Admins out there:
    I was looking at software that I could use on my blackberry for mobile administration and I found a company called rove mobile who has an application called Mobile Admin (coincidence? :P ) I am just wondering if anybody has used this before and what they think of it.
    the site is rovemobile.com and the link to the demo is:
    http://www.rovemobile.com/products/networkadministration/ma/matour/

if this is actually affordable, this could be a really neat tool!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    the licensing is 495/user I haven't really looked into it beyond the price
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks interesting, right now I tether mine to the laptop and VPN in, anytime I'm away from home for a day or more (I work from home now) both are with me anyway.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Wow, that's really impressive.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Looks interesting, right now I tether mine to the laptop and VPN in, anytime I'm away from home for a day or more (I work from home now) both are with me anyway.

+1, and 90% of the time, its usually basic administration tasks such as add/remove users etc...But the BES management over your Blackberry seems really handy. I would be nice to shed the 10lbs of gear from time to time.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to test this out now.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to update, I've been testing this for a few days. This app is completely awesome. Nothing like being able to access AD, Exchange, Backup Exec, or bounce a server via my Blackberry while on the road.

Straightforward installation; nothing too technical. Installs on a machine that has access to the servers, uses a web client (you also connect to this via your device (BB or Windows Mobile), and connect at will.

Just from what I've seen, it's definitely a good tool. It doesn't replace a laptop for emergency situations but it does turn your electronic leash into something a little more powerful.

It comes with a 14 day trial. Check it out.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, I am definitely going to try this out :)