Passed 764 phew!

BigBoogieBigBoogie Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Worst exam ever. I used many different study sources and knew the material inside and out. Ive scored nearly perfect on all my other exams. Almost every question did not provide enough information, or was so badly worded you could not understand what the question was let alone the answer. I almost wish I waited for the new objectives, hoping Comptia realizes the issues with questioning and addresses them in the new tests.

Was wondering my exam said 2007 version, what does this mean? New questions off the same 2002 objectives? Many questions I received were not covered in any of the material.

Worst question:
Which one of the following protocols is used for "name of protocol"?
And the answers were all port numbers.

I had to read the thing 10 times to make sure what I was seeing was actually there. How could such an obvious mistake be made on such a simple question? It really makes me question Comptia.

Anyways I have reviewed things in this forum many times and just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks!
BB

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    No need to worry, you passed. Congrats!

Some of the questions come from left field, so i wouldn't get to caught up in looking back. Look toward your next exam. What's it gonna be?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah that's pretty bad, "protocols" sigh. Sometimes the exam question developers leave something to be desired. :)

Congrats on the pass nonetheless! icon_thumright.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats BigBoogie
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, right on the money with that score icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    A pass is a pass is a pass.

Congrats!!!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Congrats on the pass!
    I know what you mean. I felt I knew it cold and eeked out a 775. The questions can be a bit weird.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! I wouldn't post actual questions though, even though your intent is to point out how bad this test is written. Just my 2 cents! icon_wink.gif What's your next test going to be?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • RoboNerdRoboNerd Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    More than likely that question was one of the ones that don't count, but was just floated out there at random for research. It happens.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    BigBoogie wrote:
    Worst exam ever. I used many different study sources and knew the material inside and out. Ive scored nearly perfect on all my other exams. Almost every question did not provide enough information, or was so badly worded you could not understand what the question was let alone the answer.
    That sounds exactly like my experience, and what I said about the A+/N+ 2007 exams. People even on these boardes scoffed at me for saying so...but they all took their tests years ago. The 2007 tests must all be trash.
  • charles34charles34 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrat,aspire for higher credentials
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree, I past this test on Saturday and one of the biggest challenges with this test was the way the questions were written. Also I know that some of the questions are not scored and are for future test development but I had the same question 3 times and less then 8 questions apart. The only thing that changed were 2 of the 4 answers for this particular question. Never the less a pass is a pass time to start studying for the next test!