Options

Need advice...

CoreyMCoreyM Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Im currently undertaking a Diploma in Network Management, and i am interested in gaining some certs in my own time while i am doing it as i like to push myself and i know they will come in handy when if finish the diploma... I just need some advice on which networking related cert to do first, (i would like to end up doing network security in the far future) i was thinking of doing the Network+ followed by possibly ccna as i have a tiny bit of exposure to cisco products in my course. Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

CoreyM
...you cant attack what you cant see...

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would go with what you proposed. Network+ followed by CCENT/CCNA.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply... i think thats what i'll do.
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    CoreyM wrote:
    Hello all,

Im currently undertaking a Diploma in Network Management, and i am interested in gaining some certs in my own time while i am doing it as i like to push myself and i know they will come in handy when if finish the diploma... I just need some advice on which networking related cert to do first, (i would like to end up doing network security in the far future) i was thinking of doing the Network+ followed by possibly ccna as i have a tiny bit of exposure to cisco products in my course. Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

CoreyM

I'm undertaking my diploma too in Network Management as well. Just curious what school you go to?
  • Options
    I am in Sydney in Australia... at a TAFE, what about you?
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    If you have even a small bit of experience with Cisco equipment, I'd suggest CCENT. It's basically a little bit harder version of the Network+ with more emphasis on Cisco and subnetting. It's a more respectable cert, imo.