Options

BW Percent and BW command on QOS

MACattackMACattack Member Posts: 121
Hi all,

Just want to make sure if I am correct.

I cannot mixed Bandwidth and Bandwidth Percent in one service policy.

If I used Strict Priority, is it exceptional or I need to mention also the percent command on the "priority percent"

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is not the type of theory you want to be learning off by heart, playing with the equipment is the only way you are going to remember and understand how these commands work and are implemented.
    If you dont have a router startup dynamips and see first if its configurable, then try sending some classified traffic, look at the config guide of the product you are working on to see which command will show which queue the traffic is hitting.
    Anything else and your wasting your time.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Right now I don't have any equipment or files to test my inquiry.
    I am just asking if it's possible or not.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    MACattack wrote:
    Hi all,

Just want to make sure if I am correct.

I cannot mixed Bandwidth and Bandwidth Percent in one service policy.

If I used Strict Priority, is it exceptional or I need to mention also the percent command on the "priority percent"

MACattack,

Do you understand how Modular QoS CLI works?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you try mixing bandwidth and bandwidth percent in a policy map, you'll get busted by the IOS.
    Cisco IOS wrote:
    All classes with bandwidth should have consistent units
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tech-airman, I understand how it works ok. I just ask to make sure I am correct.

I know that I cannot mix... BW and BW P in one policy, what I am asking is if I use strict priority do I NEED TO MENTIONED PERCENT OR NOT IF I USED IN MY CBWFQ BW PERCENT.

So, as I go on and continue reading I found that this it is possible to mix Priority percent with the CBWFQ BW command. Also I am NOT limited with my priority command and can be use to other class BUT in the end they all enqued in one strict priority queuing with treated as separate flows.

Anyway, I AM NOT THAT GOOD AS YOU ARE..... AND I AM NOT THAT RICH AS YOU ARE to BUY EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT.
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Dynamips is free and, as long as you have access to Cisco IOS images, you can run pretty much any router you care to. Equipment can be expensive, but many think of it as a career investment. In any case, it is possible to study on a shoestring budget.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog