Options

ZOMG that sucked!

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
First and foremost...

failurermo6-1.jpg

And I know exactly why... The exam uses the old school type of sims unlike the BCMSN and ONT and I forgot to scroll down to see all the requirements... I even thought to myself "That's it?" and didn't notice until I came to my next sim and realized that I could scroll down. That's why my OSPF and EIGRP blows. If I would have finished that one though I don't know if I would have passed anyways. People don't lie, this one blows... A lot. Not to mention that on question 23 my test crashed... Something caused mine and the other guy's in the room tests to all crash. Thing is my test crashed but the clock kept counting down and there wasn't anything I could do about it but wait for the guy to come fix it. He came and moved me to another computer, did something and my test popped up minus 10 minutes... Lovely. I still finished with about 20 minutes left though. I knew when I went in though that I wasn't ready for it, but it was cool to get a quick peek at it. I am sure I will get it next time.

On to the details...

Got 744 needed 790

EIGRP 55%
OSPF 40%
IS-IS 71%
IOS 80%
BGP 72%
Multicast 62%
IPv6 62%

From the questions I got you could have fooled me into thinking I was doing the BGP test BTW.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience but like you said atleast you know what to expect now :D
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this is a very tough exam. Good luck on the next round! Hopefully you won't get cheated on time again. Plus, you'll be familiar with this style test.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At least you can use the COME BACK for a free retake. Are you going to schedule next week or brush up on some stuff first?
  • Options
    gojericho0 wrote:
    At least you can use the COME BACK for a free retake. Are you going to schedule next week or brush up on some stuff first?

Yeah, I know, that's why I didn't reschedule even though I knew I wasn't completely ready. I actually just tried to schedule round 2 but it said I had an open registration for it already. I assume that is because my appointment was for 2pm and the time hasn't past yet. I will try again later though and this time I will just schedule it for 12pm since that is when I always show up anyways.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Man, sorry to hear that you had such a lousy time. The only bright side is that next time you're bound to not only pass, but have a much more positive testing experience. Good luck!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Sorry to hear it. But you were really close! How come you didnt feel ready when you went in?
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    kpjungle wrote:
    Sorry to hear it. But you were really close! How come you didnt feel ready when you went in?

I didn't feel ready because I do not feel nearly as confident about the material as I did for BCMSN and ONT. Those two tests didn't have nearly the amount of material so I knew it inside and out. This one I there is so much I have to remember and I have to actually think of the answer rather than just know it off the top of my head. I am not worried about it though. After another week I should be very comfortable. I just needed to have a deadline to make myself study since I procrastinate so bad if I do not have a deadline.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    Oh, forgot to mention. Don't know if this is against the rules but have you guys ever had a question that had the same answer listed twice?

They were right above each other so it was easy to compare and I am positive they were the exact same answer.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bummer dude. At least you got a taste of it and know what to expect the 2nd go-round.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    You'll get it next time!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you have 2nd shot? when will Cisco 2nd shot expire? I am gearing up for 297 this weekend and CCNA soon...
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    jbaello wrote:
    Do you have 2nd shot? when will Cisco 2nd shot expire? I am gearing up for 297 this weekend and CCNA soon...
    I believe you have to take the first exam and the retake by october 15th

sorry to hear you failed scheistermeister, i'm rooting for your second attempt
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    jbaello wrote:

The second shot deal goes till October (the 16th I think). Finding that is what really motivated me to start testing for my NP. I hated the thought of loosing out on $150 a pop but 2 tries is more than fair and I knew I could if I didn't get it the first time I will be able to do it the second since I know what to expect.

The biggest thing I did not like about this test though is that it is in the old format unlike the BCMSN and ONT. The way they do the sims in those are SOOOOO much better than the old way of doing it. The new way reminds me of my desktop in Fluxbox. Just a few console windows on a bank desktop that you can resize windows and move them anywhere you want.

Oh I forgot the best part of failing this one... It gives me a good reason to blow money on more Cisco stuff to do labs! icon_jokercolor.gif
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    jbaello wrote:

The second shot deal goes till October (the 16th I think). Finding that is what really motivated me to start testing for my NP. I hated the thought of loosing out on $150 a pop but 2 tries is more than fair and I knew I could if I didn't get it the first time I will be able to do it the second since I know what to expect.

The biggest thing I did not like about this test though is that it is in the old format unlike the BCMSN and ONT. The way they do the sims in those are SOOOOO much better than the old way of doing it. The new way reminds me of my desktop in Fluxbox. Just a few console windows on a bank desktop that you can resize windows and move them anywhere you want.

Oh I forgot the best part of failing this one... It gives me a good reason to blow money on more Cisco stuff to do labs! icon_jokercolor.gif

Sorry to hear that, but you are so close. Hopefully you'll come out smiling next time.

I noticed your EIGR score is lesss than others, i scored the same on EIGRP and I was under impression that i've mastered EIGRP already, exam proved me wrong. Your ISIS is impressive. I don't know how I managed to score 100% on OSPF, I guess that little guess work played out well.

Good luck for the next attempt man.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I feel/know your pain.
    I am still working up the nerve to take this one again.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    have you guys ever had a question that had the same answer listed twice?
    icon_eek.gif So it wasn't just me! I compared the answers letter by letter once.... and finally just picked one (since I thought it was the correct answer) and left a comment. I hoped that was a new ungraded question being tested.

Good thing this was just your practice run at the exam. :D Use your SECONDCHANCE!

I figure/guess the SIM are worth at least 50-75 points.... but you wanted to do more than just barely pass, right?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    icon_eek.gif So it wasn't just me! I compared the answers letter by letter once.... and finally just picked one (since I thought it was the correct answer) and left a comment. I hoped that was a new ungraded question being tested.

So you picked that one huh? I figured that wasn't the correct answer. Mainly because if it was right there was a 50% chance it was marked wrong if there was some glitch. Don't remember what the question or the answer was though, I am never good at remembering the exact questions I had except for one HELLA long IS-IS question that took me a good two minutes to figure out how to answer it quickly.
    singh8281 wrote:
    I noticed your EIGR score is lesss than others, i scored the same on EIGRP and I was under impression that i've mastered EIGRP already, exam proved me wrong. Your ISIS is impressive. I don't know how I managed to score 100% on OSPF, I guess that little guess work played out well.

My sim that I didn't read all the requirements on had both OSPF and EIGRP on it icon_confused.gif So I am sure that is why I got hammered there. As for IS-IS, I love it so much more than OFPS. IS-IS and EIGRP are my two favorite routing protocols.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So you picked that one huh?
    Yeah -- but I'm pretty sure it happened on an exam after I already had my CCNP and CCSP -- I can't even remember which exam(s) it happened to me on.

The first time I thought there were duplicate answers, I didn't think it/they were the correct answer, so I didn't stress over it (or waste too much time trying to find the difference). The 2nd time is the one I remember, since I'm pretty sure I thought it was the correct answer -- and I remember trying to find a difference in the answers.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Now I have see duplicate answers on the Net Acad tests, including the finals. The Net Acad tests were notorious for having the same answer twice, misspellings and bad grammar. On those there have been times when the right answer was listed twice. When my class and I complained to Cisco the tests were re-graded (score shows in the Net Acad grade book with a "*" beside it).
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Yeah -- but I'm pretty sure it happened on an exam after I already had my CCNP and CCSP -- I can't even remember which exam(s) it happened to me on.

The first time I thought there were duplicate answers, I didn't think it/they were the correct answer, so I didn't stress over it (or waste too much time trying to find the difference). The 2nd time is the one I remember, since I'm pretty sure I thought it was the correct answer -- and I remember trying to find a difference in the answers.

I had this happen on my first bsci attempt, had to give one answer and there was two the same, don't know what's best to do in that situation, curse Cisco maybe, probably pick the first one of the two
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    mikej412 wrote:

I had this happen on my first bsci attempt, had to give one answer and there was two the same, don't know what's best to do in that situation, curse Cisco maybe, probably pick the first one of the two

I think either one is best. The answers probably have an ID, which gets randomized anyways. They did in NetAcad anyways.. No way to be 100% sure to pick the right one.
    Studying for CCNP (All done)