Options

Should I study for Net+ now or wait for the updated exam?

bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
A while back, I read that CompTIA was in the process of updating their Net+ tests. What is the latest news on this? I don't want to go out and buy an outdated book and then be forced to take a test that covers stuff I am not farmillar with.

I just got my A+ certificaton in March, so I'd like to get my Net+ as soon
as possible. I imagine it wouldn't take me any longer than a month or two
to fully study the material and get ready for the test, as I do have some
experience with networking. Should I go out and buy the book, or should I wait until CompTIA announces the revised tests? Keep in mind that I'd
probably be taking this test no later than June or July. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Go for it now! If Comptia were to change the objectives, they would give mass notice to all, along with 6 months to a year to prepare for the switch. I haven't heard any dates for such, but definatly not by June/July. Good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    OK, I think I'll go out and buy Mike Meyers' book tommorow. I think I'll try that passport for this test as it seems a bit easier than A+.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used both the Passport, and the All-In-One brick book. There are a few things not covered in detailas much in the passport. I found the brick was a great book at the house, and the passport was good to keep in the car or work for a quick read. I also used this sites FREE Tech Notes and exams.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I wound up getting David Groth's book since I've had more luck with Sybex when it comes to the networking certifications. Between that and the sources on the internet, I should be good. If I hurry, I might even be able to take it while I can still use that $128 voucher. :D