Options

when is the test changing?

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
i've heard that the exam objectives are changing soon... anyone know the exact date? i'm heading to a NCDA bootcamp next week in NYC, and i don't have time to study up and retest before them... i want to make sure i have enough time to take the current objectives.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe it's later this fall, but the other one should be active for awhile after that. They schedule some overlap so people aren't taken completely off guard.
  • Options
    JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think they are changing it in October. I have also heard that when you take it before that date there are questions that are on the test now that will be on there after the change. They do not count against you, I dont know this for sure, but they are testing new questions. I'm not really sure how CompTIA certifications go. I've only taken one, my Security+.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C
  • Options
    fvillarfvillar Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi there! yesterday i scheduled my exam and i only had options until september 30th. this fact makes me believe that the certification objectives is about to change after october 1st. anyway, on the comptia website you are already able to verify what is going to change...
    http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives/Security_Objectives08.pdf

see you
    fv
  • Options
    Miles LoganMiles Logan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fvillar wrote:
    hi there! yesterday i scheduled my exam and i only had options until september 30th. this fact makes me believe that the certification objectives is about to change after october 1st. anyway, on the comptia website you are already able to verify what is going to change...
    http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives/Security_Objectives08.pdf

see you
    fv

So If I am getting an option to schedule the test on Oct 2 , you think this is still the old objectives or new ?

for my area in California I can go as far out as Oct 14.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like I said, the current one will be available for awhile after the new one is released. You'll have the option of which one you want to register for if both are available. Most places only let you schedule X number of weeks in advance (or are unavailable at times, such as testing centers that are in colleges over spring break). I wouldn't read too much into that.
  • Options
    jwilkjrjwilkjr Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you call Comptia up they will be more then happy to tell you about the changes. I called the a few weeks ago about it. And they told me that the new test obj. go in to effect on or about the 14th of oct. But you can still take the older one until like apr. of next year if you wanted to. Also if your job req. you to have the most updated cert. and you all ready have the security + passed; that you can take a briged exam that they will have some oct. and it will not cost as much ethier.
    A+, Net+, FOT, FOI