Options

Failed ~~

harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Failed with 697 icon_sad.gif , I use Sybex study guide, and Transcender but seem they didn't cover much of the questions in real test. I thinking to use CBT Nuggest and Syngress book before next try.

Comments

• Options
    JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used a the material found on TechExams and the practice tests on here as well. They really get you ready in my opinion. I also used CBT Nuggets. They arn't as dry as the book I read. Hope this helps.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Syngress and loved it. I also used another book to supplement some of the material called "Pentesters's Open Source Toolkit"

What particular areas were you weak in?
  • Options
    harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Retake today following comments on result paper of my 1st time exam and finally pass! Used CBT Nuggets and resources via Google
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff harrists icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    way to go icon_thumright.gif
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    great job!
    -Daniel
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I was you, I would take the new exam because The Syngress book has become outdated in comparison to the questions on the exam. Syngress was meant for Security+ 2002 -2007 I think. The exam changes in October. I'm going to take the new one as soon as a new updated book comes out around that time period, so i wouldn't have a study lag and have to catch up when in turn the 2008 edition becomes obsolete. icon_cool.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: