Options

recently tried the 70-270 and got 654 marks

recently tried the 70-270 and got 654 marks - (700 pass) OUCH!!!

Trying it again in a few days after brushing up on weakest topics.

Personally, I found this exam harder than the 70-290 even though the format of questions was easier (no simulations etc). XP exam is vey wide ranging I reckon.

Any similar experiences ???

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, I made it through, but I found 270 to encompass a lot of material that I didn't expect.

It makes sense when you think about it. Server 2003 is spread out over multiple exams, and XP is covered in a single exam.

You were really close, probably only 3-4 off. Hopefully you've been able to identify your weak areas. Brush up on those and kill it next time!
  • Options
    TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry to hear that. You have to know in what areas you have failed and study hard into. XP hasn't been an easy exam. You'll get it next time.
    MCP 70-270 / 70-290
  • Options
    AngusGAngusG Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got a question... what's the pass mark?? and how exactly do points add up in the exam??

I'm sitting mine in a couple of weeks :S:S
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It'll be 700+/1000 for a pass. You won't know how each particular question is scored though as they carry different weighting.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ouch!!! So close. As other people have mentioned, just brush up on the areas you scored low on and ace the test! I do agree that the XP exam covers a lot of material, but I haven't taken the 290 yet (about 1 month away) so I can't really comment on that. Best of luck.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    How much does this exam cost? What is the retake policy with Microsoft? Do you get a free retake, I hope? I am preparing for this exam also. I want to get the monster one out of the way first.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TravR1 wrote:
    How much does this exam cost? What is the retake policy with Microsoft? Do you get a free retake, I hope? I am preparing for this exam also. I want to get the monster one out of the way first.

Usually the exam costs $125. 2nd try you can take whenever. And 3rd i believe you have to wait one month. I think but not too sure. And i do think MS is doing a free retake right now. but im not sure when it expires.
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+
  • Options
    ddoudddoud Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TravR1 wrote:

You can go to http://www.getcertify4less.com
    Check out the hotdeals and you can get the test voucher for $105.00. It experires at the end of September, but $20 is $20.

I think the MS second shot will be available for a few more months.
    Darren
    Phil 4:13