Options

Microsoft Outlook Web Access problem

dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am having a problem with Outlook Web Access. Has not been working since it was rebooted earlier today. I can load the page but all the pictures for the menu have red x's in them and it says loading but will not proceed further.

I am running Exchange 2003. I would appeciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What changed on the server? Why was it rebooted?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    No changes were made to the server. We had to shutdown the server because we were having a planned power outage today. I do have to restart a lot of the exchange services manually when it boots up even though they are set to automatically start. Don't know if this might be part of the problem.
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    have you restared IIS?
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just had this problem at a client last week. I fixed it by doing the following:
    1. On both Front End and Back End, open Windows Explorer.
    2. On both FE and BE, go to Drive_Letter:\Program Files\Exchsvr\exchweb
    3. You'll see folders with version numbers like 6.5.6944.0
    4. Make sure that both FE and BE have the same versions of folders in regards to the 6.6.6.6.6 folder format, not the other folders.
    5. If they don't match, copy the folder from the server that has it over to the server that is missing it.
    6. Try OWA afterwards.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ^if that happened, maybe you installed the recent exchange patch on the back end without putting it on the front end.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunatley we don't have the best setup here. We don't have a front end and back end server. Only have one server that does everything. Plus it is configured as a domain controller!! This was done before my time so I had no say in this configuration. I installed some updates this morning and rebooted but still have had no luck.

Any other suggestions??
  • Options
    thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    Out of curiosity:

1) Browser version?
    2) OS?

I would also take a read through this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280823
  • Options
    Problem solved!! It was a problem with directory security in IIS. I had to enable Integrated Windows authentication on the ExchWeb folder and all its subfolders. Everything worked fine after this was done.
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    my bad for the old thread being resurrected, but i had to put a thanks on here as I had the "red X's" on OWA for couple hours, and the only fix i found was on... techexams.net

Thanks!
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003