Average Study Time for CCNA

ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
I was wondering what you guys thing is the average study time for passing the CCNA exam.

Any advice here is helpful
CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
Cisco CCENT In Progress
MCP Server 291 In Progress
C|EH In Progress

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends on prior knowledge. If you don't know the difference between a packet and frame (or even what they are) it will most likely take you a lot longer than someone who has been working with networking technologies for a few years. From posts I have seen on here the average seems to be about 4 - 6 months for someone with at least some prior IT knowledge.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It will take exactly as long as you need to learn all the exam topics. icon_lol.gif

Seriously, it'll probably take you a couple of months, at least, with regular study. It all depends on how hard you hit the books, how much hands-on you've had with Cisco devices before beginning, how much you can get while you're preparing, and how motivated you are. Don't worry too much about how much time it'll take, you'll get it when you're ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    THanks guys i was really not asking for me. We where chatting about it in class and i was wondering what the average was for the people who have taken it. Appreciate the answers
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a very broad spectrum of time frame to completion. It is very difficult to say, thus it is dependent on the person studying for it as with any exam.
  • ITHernITHern Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ULWiz, come to the forum I created and ask away. I will give you a straight up answer and not the run around.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36818
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I would definitely say 3-6 months if you are dedicated to studying
    WIP: IPS exam
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    hcelada wrote:
    ULWiz, come to the forum I created and ask away. I will give you a straight up answer and not the run around.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36818

That looks a lot like the Techexams forums to me......
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    For me it was one semester. I started studying in September and "graduated" in February.

It will take about 4-5 months. I had no experience with cisco equipment but had exposure to networking and IT in general (a few years in tier1 helpdesk and sysadmin before that).

YMMV