Options

CCENT

steeleblueeyessteeleblueeyes Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is what I consider a posser, how can some-one can sit through a whole course, do practice exams galore, and score realativily highly on both. But the final exam they drop like a lead ballon filled with inert gasses.
Well I think my problem is no real time to revise, I work shifts and when not at work I study, so there seems to be no problem there, I am on a forced holiday at the moment as the firm I work for shuts for two weeks. Can't afford a holiday as my wife is still working, thought I was ready at the beginning of the week to do the CCENT, booked it, sat it failed it. Want to book it again but daren't as I feel I am to unprepared for the exam.I try to revise, but with my wife here with all the kids it is becoming increasingly hard, spent last night up till five this morning going over and over certain criteria in the books, don't know if it sunk in. But covered a lot of chapters, only took me five months to complete the CCNA 2 semester after completing Semester 1 in nearly a year, I don't know whether that was fast or slow, having nearly completed the old CCNA just before it's retirement. Started again finished Semester 1 in 3 months, anyway my dilema is do I forget the CCENT and go for the Composite exam at the end, or take time out to got through it all again and pass the CCENT, with still no computer company willing to take me on for lack of commercial experience

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe that this post should be in the CCENT/CCNA section.

The two exam path that includes CCENT is more focused on the topics that each part covers. If the CCNA material that you are studying for is for the 640-801 exam, I do not believe that you will be sufficiently prepared for the CCENT. There is enough new material to make passing very difficult. You'll want to review up-to-date material: CCENT 640-822 or CCNA 640-802.
  • Options
    steeleblueeyessteeleblueeyes Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been revising through the CCENT Exam Prep book, and when I sit any of the several practice exams I have I get good scores, in the region of 90 to 97%. I'll probably not book it for another week or two, give me chance to digest what I've been reading. I have also been reading 31 days before your CCENT Certification. So hopefully this next exam I should pass.
    Many thanks to you all icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif