Citrix XenServer

jimmybobbobjimmybobbob Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm thinking of looking into Citrix XenServer. Are many of you learning it/using it?

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm running at my office. Mainly for a testing environment.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I am studying Xen at the moment. The information is kinda basic and not up to the usual Citrix courseware.

Anyone taken the exam? Like to share their experience?
    I see, XenServer is another Citrix product so all interest is lost icon_wink.gif
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    I see, XenServer is another Citrix product so all interest is lost icon_wink.gif
    lol, I've seen the official courseware and it's a joke like you said. I know of no one who has taken the CCA XenServer exam though.
    Right that's it, I am booking it for next Wednesday.

I've run through the courseware and I have access to the online course too (benefits of working for a Citrix partner). The online course is a littler better as it is interactive, but that's all, the information is the same at the end of the day. I have 30 days access to the labs so I'll spend the next week looking at those. Expect some exam experience info in a week icon_cool.gif
    ... And on the 7th day he said let there be Xen exam information and there was and it was good icon_wink.gif

So I have taken and passed Xen this morning, a little disappointed with 83% as I was sure of a high 90 but it beats the required 60% and that's good for me icon_cool.gif

I signed into the exam centre at 09:05 and was in the car leaving at 09:35! The exam is based around the CTX-2401 courseware and if you have read and taken in any of it, it'll be enough to see you through. YES, I know the courseware is shockingly sparse but the exam is derived from it (AKA its all you need to know).

I used the e-learning version of the course (there is very little difference between the e-learning and the hard copy, just a little more interactive) and the 1Y0-A01 study bundle from http://www.citrixxperience.com (yes I know the exam is 1Y0-A02 but there are only a few differences and this is an excellent study aid).

The exam is multi choice in the usual Citrix fashion (direct, no messing around or trying to catch you out).

Hope this helps other out there seeking CCA XenServer status.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    *** COUGH ***
    LOL, thanks for the bump I missed your post yesterday. ;)

Congrats on the pass. I'll have to get some hands on Xen when I have a chance and give it a run through. How did you find Jeff's study bundle? Did it help you learn anything new, or was the courseware enough and it just helped with retention?
    astorrs wrote:
    stupidboy wrote:
    *** COUGH ***

Congrats on the pass. I'll have to get some hands on Xen when I have a chance and give it a run through. How did you find Jeff's study bundle? Did it help you learn anything new, or was the courseware enough and it just helped with retention?

Thanks, I though I was unloved icon_wink.gif

The courseware is enough, but as always Jeff just make it so much more digestible (even if it is for 4.0).

Hands on wise, I have had access to some excellent labs via toolwire (yet again more benefits working for a Citrix Partner). Basically you use a browser to ICA into a workstation that then allows you DRAC access to a physical server. Very nice stuff.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote:
    astorrs wrote:
    stupidboy wrote:
    *** COUGH ***

Thanks, I though I was unloved icon_wink.gif

The courseware is enough, but as always Jeff just make it so much more digestible (even if it is for 4.0).

Hands on wise, I have had access to some excellent labs via toolwire (yet again more benefits working for a Citrix Partner). Basically you use a browser to ICA into a workstation that then allows you DRAC access to a physical server. Very nice stuff.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security