Options

Help Please

mickythumbsmickythumbs Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed Network+ today with a 846(94%).

I was studying 70-210 but found it really hard because i had no background and i don't work in the IT field really

So i took a step back done Net+ feel i have a bit of background and feel i understand things better (Due to my Net+ score)

I now need to figure out where i go from here

Should it be back to 70-210 or should i go for 70-218 been trying to figure out all evening what i should do

Comments please

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I encourage you to do the 70-210 if you want to concentrate on M$ systems right off the bat.

If you can set yourself up with a small lab, the study will mean more.
    A PC for W2k Pro and one for W2k server can make all the difference.

If you want to get a broader scope on things before you get specific, go for A+ which study will introduce you to both hardware and Operating Systems--mostly M$ but, you get a small introduction to other OSs too.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply

I have 3 PC's a laptop networked in a hub so i have created the enviroment

Is 70-210 concepts easier than 20-218 ?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I'm still studying for the 210 myself, but I've seen posts on this forum that tend to make me think that the 218 is a sort of advanced version of 70-210 and 70-215 together. I don't think you would want to try 218 without doing the 210 first.

That's great on the lab! I learned a lot in overall knowledge just by setting my network up.

Well, there are others that can fill you in on other particulars.

Another thing is that you don't try to do these exams with just one study guide. No guide is absolutely complete or necessarily compatible with any one individual's mindset. I'm using M$ Press and Sybex books(highly recommened combo) and I'll probably get the Exam Cram 2 guide since it's quite often recommended on this site.

Well, best of luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    thanks i think i will do 70-210 as i had done about 6 months worth of study but wasn't getting anywhere now that i have a better understanding i will try again
  • Options
    cpatel1111cpatel1111 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed Network+ today with a 846(94%).

I was studying 70-210 but found it really hard because i had no background and i don't work in the IT field really

So i took a step back done Net+ feel i have a bit of background and feel i understand things better (Due to my Net+ score)

I now need to figure out where i go from here

Should it be back to 70-210 or should i go for 70-218 been trying to figure out all evening what i should do

Comments please

hi, i took my net plus and got a 833 and i took my 70-210 and got 700 and i barely passed. 70-210 is a night mare. i am not trying to discourage you, u should try it and i am also take class to prepare for my certifications. email me directly and cpatel1111@hotmail.com
    chirag patel