Options

New Guy

BBradley2009BBradley2009 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D

Hello,

Just thought I would post a little note to say hi... I've begun study on 70-270 towards MCSA/E 2003. I've been out of the technical side of the business for a few years and I'm anxious to get back in.

I'm using "Test-Out" software and the MS study guides and setting up a small Lan at home. Any other suggestions to get me going I would appreciate.

I know I know.. you suggest I don't start :)

Here's to a new adventure!

Bob
Student for CCENT/CCNA Future is a mystery to us all. Maybe someday CISSP

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Make sure to really study for the 270, otherwise that test will catch you by surprise. The test format combined with the wealth of material it goes over has caught many a test taker with their pants down. Be sure to go over the tech notes here, there's a lot to be gleaned from them.

Good luck and have fun!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    BBradley2009BBradley2009 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yikes! Thanks for the heads up I really thought that was the softball of them all.
    Student for CCENT/CCNA Future is a mystery to us all. Maybe someday CISSP
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 To your LAN...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums Bob, and welcome back to the IT community in general. The MS Blue book and testout should get you started on the right track. If you have some money to burn, try Transcender or CBT Nuggets as well.

Best to ya! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Welcome to the forums Bob, and welcome back to the IT community in general. The MS Blue book and testout should get you started on the right track. If you have some money to burn, try Transcender or CBT Nuggets as well.

Best to ya! :)

+1 to Transcender and CBT Nuggets. They've helped me with all of my certs so far.

I'll also add support to the idea that 70-270 is harder than you might expect, but if you use the guides here and get lots of hands on experience in all the exam topics, you'll do fine.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.