Options

CCNA Security

skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got my cisco press CCNA Security book today. Hopefully I can give everyone a passed report in a month.

Comments

• Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Good luck Skeet...I'll be going for it after my security+
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    GLuck

Could you also look at what the difference is between you starting the initial stages of CCSP to see if there is a point? It would be a good pointer for those considering the security field as to whether they should do the CCNA Secuity after their successful CCNA or just dive immediately into the CCSP.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote:
    GLuck

Could you also look at what the difference is between you starting the initial stages of CCSP to see if there is a point? It would be a good pointer for those considering the security field as to whether they should do the CCNA Secuity after their successful CCNA or just dive immediately into the CCSP.

You must have the CCNA Sec to do the CCSP now
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skeet2331 wrote:
    Kaminsky wrote:
    GLuck

You must have the CCNA Sec to do the CCSP now

Not until June 24 2009. If you pass all the exams before then you don't need it, or if you have a CCIE it trumps the requirement for the CCNA Security. Not really sure about why they did that but they did.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    That is true. I forgot the rule if you are currently involved in the CCSP. For me however new to the whole thing. I figured it would be better to go the long route ;)
  • Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    after talking Skeet last night, He said the first chapter was wrote pretty well.

after my security + exam ( next week or so) i going to buy this book along with the Cisco Press BSCI book.
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Good luck on the Sec+, of all the tests I've taken that was one of my favorites!

Drew icon_cool.gif