Options

Apple Certification?

Has anyone here received apple certifications and how do they compare to a microsoft/cisco exam or course?

Comments

• Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They rely on mostly knowledge passed down through the training material. If you know the training material inside and out, you'll be fine. It helps to be associated with an Apple authorized service center because they will have access to the training material which is often times inaccessible via other means.
  • Options
    telco1telco1 Banned Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ive been thinking about getting the ACSA after I finish my CCNP. since I mainly work with all MACS.

ide say about 90% of all the workstations at my work are on the MAC platform.
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    This course is going to be held by Apple employees. It is pretty spendy and sounds like all the material required to pass the exams are covered.

I am not an apple guy by any means. I am hoping my *nix and cisco help play a factor in catching up to speed.

Defiantly a new realm for myself.
  • Options
    there should be an apple cert forum in here? what do you guys think?
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone with more info other than the apple website?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I've only passed the basic Apple certification for the Leopard operating system (Apple Support Essentials v10.5), but the test itself didn't seem all that hard and was the easiest certification for me to obtain thus far. However, this test didn't really quiz me on anything other than basic use for the Leopard OS. It didn't require a vast knowledge of servers, networking, etc. I don't know how it compares to the other certifications that Apple holds, but I'm sure they definitely get more challenging.

Comparing this cert to say, the certification for the 70-270, the XP exam was way harder.

Also, just a random thought, the certification for my cert is basically useless with the next OS release. I'd have to recertify with the new OS.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    telco1 wrote:

For both posts each year?

If you don't work for Apple or an Apple shop, these certs aren't going to do a lot of good for you.

Telco, it sounds like you're in a pretty unique situation. Is that a graphic design, audio, video editing, etc. shop?
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    I gave up on my Apple cert the day I had to take apart a 24" iMac. Screw that crap. Let some other sucker get mixed up in it.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    When you pass your Apple cert, do you automatically get tattoos and piercings? Nearly all the Apple staff that work the Genius Bar near me have one or both :D
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Apple Support Essential's 10.5 is still valid for a year correct?

I know the essentials and the server exam are the minimum I will have to take. At 200 a pop I hope the company is footing that bill as well.

Correction: They will be footing the bill. :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    telco1 wrote:

For both posts each year?

If you don't work for Apple or an Apple shop, these certs aren't going to do a lot of good for you.

Telco, it sounds like you're in a pretty unique situation. Is that a graphic design, audio, video editing, etc. shop?

Dynamik,

I am somewhat. no im not in a graphic design, or audio video shop. I work for a school district, that is on an all MAC platform. they have over 1600 MAC machines, plus Xserves.

but they have offered to pay for getting me apple certified.
  • Options
    maddy1982maddy1982 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do u people have any training materials for (Apple Certification)Mac OS X Support essentials 10.5?
  • Options
    roarkltdroarkltd Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For the Snow Leopard IT certs, Apple has the following:

Mac Integration Basics 10.6 (online test)

Apple Certified Support Professional (1 Prometric test)
    - Support Essentials

Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (2 Prometric tests)
    - Support Essentials
    - Server Essentials

Apple Certified System Administrator (4 Prometric tests)
    - Server Essentials
    - Directory Services
    - Deployment
    - Security and Mobility

Hope that helps.

Apple Certification Videos
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. That's what I need to know right now on Apple certification path.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn