Options

Breakfast with recruiter

sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having breakfast with a recruiter on thursday, anyone have any pointers for this unusual circumstance?

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even if it's a friendly gesture, I don't know if I'd eat with my recruiters. :o
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Even if it's a friendly gesture, I don't know if I'd eat with my recruiters. :o

Go in there stuffing your face, thanking him/her for the meal, and tell him you've been starving from being homeless and could really use the job.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprinkl3ssprinkl3s Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We're doing the interview there since he lives just a few miles away from me as opposed to his office which is about 45 mins away.
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Be sure to order the Filet Mignon with Red Wine.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprinkl3s wrote:
    We're doing the interview there since he lives just a few miles away from me as opposed to his office which is about 45 mins away.

I did something in the past where we both lived near each other so we set up the interview at Starbucks. That is until I canceled the interview due to getting my current job.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    When I was a younger man and in night clubs I would offer the prospective girl breakfast .... she knew what I meant !

Ahhh those days seem so distant now...

Seriously, treat it like any other interview (be wise and pay a visit to McDonalds before you go though so not to come across as a little piglett OR in the reverse, someone who is too nervous to eat)

The added bonus of this kind of meeting is that it is also an informal affair by it's very nature. You get the chance of idle chit chat and show a bit of your good humour (Reason 2 regarding the reason for an interview - how well you could fit into their team) but remember not to over do it and bring both yourself and them sharply back to the point if it is going too far off track.. You all need to remember why you are all there !

Yes you all get fed, but business is business.

Gluck

Kam.
    PS: Rememer to eat something before you go ! You don't want them asking you a question just as you have put a mouthful of food into your hungry mouth.

Mother's tips:
    Don't chew with your mouth open.
    Don't speak with your mouth full.
    And never spit anything you don't like back onto your plate... My 5 year old did that earlier tonight and I nearly threw up !
    Kam.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i was going to have dinner with a recruiter one night after work because she didn't want me to miss any work for an interview. It fell through because they hired the other candidate.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."