Options

NOC Tech 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    undomiel wrote:
    I'm glad to hear it went pretty well for you! Did they give you a timeline for when they would contact you for the next phase? Did you find out how many positions they are looking to fill? Good luck, I hope you get the job!

They said by or on Monday.

They are looking to fill 1 position which means I'm against 5 or more guys...

I'm just hoping I persuaded them enough to give me a shot.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! A five person panel is pretty rough for a first interview for a NOC Tech position. Even if you don't get the job you can take away great interviewing experience from this situation.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    keep looking. Don't even wait on them. That was one of the things, I learned in my job hunt process.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jryantech wrote:
    undomiel wrote:
    I'm glad to hear it went pretty well for you! Did they give you a timeline for when they would contact you for the next phase? Did you find out how many positions they are looking to fill? Good luck, I hope you get the job!

They said by or on Monday.

They are looking to fill 1 position which means I'm against 5 or more guys...

I'm just hoping I persuaded them enough to give me a shot.

Wow 5 person panel. Definitely think its a good thing you wore a suit then. You should be encouraged by the interview. Even if you do not get the position (maybe even reasons out of your control. manager might already have someone he knows for the position and are doing the interview as a formality) ask they to keep you in mind in case anything opens up in the future.
  • Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Sounds like you did everything you could do, so if you don't make it, it just wasn't meant to be. Glad you went w/ the suit, you pulled out all the stops. True, lots of people don't wear suits down that way, but I've read that you should always dress 1-2 levels above what you would wear to the job if you worked there - read - suit to pretty much every interview. Keep looking though, don't hang up on this one job. It will give you more confidence, and that little bit can mean the difference between getting that next job or not. Let us know how it goes and good luck!
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First of all - great job on your interview it sounds like you did a wonderful job.

I always wear a suit to an interview - it is impressive and its not like they will not like you for doing it ;p

Some great advice I obtained from this board is to send out a thank you letter the next day - that will make you stand out of the crowd.

Also as mentioned - still keep looking - if you get more interviews go for them - you will have a better chance of getting a job and negotiating especially if you get a few offers.

Also do not lose confidence if they do not select you, it does not mean you did not do a good job, it just means that someone else was a better fit for the position. I really hope you nail this one though- good luck and keep us updated.
  • Options
    Well I suppose bad news...

They said they would get back to me by Monday with whether I got the job or not.
    But it is Wednesday afternoon and no e-mail or phone call!

I feel a bit demoralized. School starting again and I tried my hardest to get an Entry Level job to go hand in hand with that. Suppose I will keep truckin' thanks for all the tips again guys :D

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Give them a call so that you have a definite answer. If they haven't made a decision yet it reminds them of your existence. If they have made a decision then it lets you know to stop worrying about them.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You should check back with them about the position.

If you don't get it just keep at it and you will find something!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I put my application threw careerbuilder so I have no e-mail address / phone number. The number they called me on just rings... Their website does not have anything but Tech Support and CEO e-mails.

• Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    try to do a reasearch where you can get hold of there HR phone number its better to follow and know the status instead of waiting for nothing, While doing that dont stop applying Im also on the same situation previously just keep on applying it.
  • Options
    oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    jryantech wrote:
    I put my application threw careerbuilder so I have no e-mail address / phone number. The number they called me on just rings... Their website does not have anything but Tech Support and CEO e-mails.

I always ask for contact information at the end of an interview. This will allow you to email thank you letters and follow up with different people. Don't get to worried, these things take time, it sounds like you did great.
    I used to run the internet.