Options

Not sure if this warrants a new thread but...

liddaneliddane Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Managed to beat the beast first time! I couldnt believe it. Got 763 but a pass is a pass!

All I can really say is know your DNS and DHCP - which was heavily tested.
It wasn't bad as I thought it would be though I think my score would have been better if I'd spent more time looking at IPSEC and security templates.

Know how to subnet too! - I managed the subetting questions ok- but a few months ago I would **** myself seeing anything to do with subnetting.
I found the free tutuoritals here were really good - http://www.****.com/

I'm actually half tempted to flick back through the book again as I really skim read the chapters on security and what not. I need a beer!

Thanks for answering I the questions I posted!

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats on the pass but it looks like your resource is a little questionable :D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    eh?

I really dont know why, It's just a site that offers a series of emails giving you free subnetting tips... Although I havent paid for main content so I couldn't vouch for that

Any one care to explain why its banned???? has the owner spammed on here or something? It seems legit!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Try checking the site against certguard.com

It may be a site that sells or gives out braindumps.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Someone could have been spamming. Is it a public site like bl0gspot? That one gets censored because of all the people spamming from it, even though they are a lot of legitimate blogs on it.

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Ok heres the name of the site (mods feel free to delete this post, and apologies if it breaks any rules)

The sites called subnetting secrets, as I say the free content I used was good but I didnt think it broke any rules - just explained subnetting easily.

I imaging it might be to do with spamming but if anyone could enlighten me I'd be greatful
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Doesn't show up on certguard.com. Maybe they were a spammer's site. A quick skim of the material looked legit to me. I think I had run across that site once while I was brushing up on subnetting for the 291 as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Phew! thanks for having a look, it seems a very sales driven web site, thats what made me think of the spamming. Glad it doesn't look like a brain **** site, I suppose subnetting is neutral subject so I wouldn't envisage any brain ****, hopefully!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    liddane wrote:
    Phew! thanks for having a look, it seems a very sales driven web site, thats what made me think of the spamming. Glad it doesn't look like a brain **** site, I suppose subnetting is neutral subject so I wouldn't envisage any brain ****, hopefully!

even if it was, it sounded like you hadn't an idea it was anyway.

CONGRATS!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Thanks very much!
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice effort on the pass mate!

Did you do any hands on study as well? Like, did you have a setup to try stuff out on?
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    yeah I used virtual PC- and did most of the labs in the book- I dont think I could have done it with reading alone. What I found useful was setting up some of the stuff on the test, only to find that it didn't work which prompted me to fiddle, and read around the subject- this gave me a better idea f some of the concepts.

I had two Server 2003 boxes and an XP client, Two servers are essential for testing DNS, and I installed the XP client for DHCP.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WTG! Grats on the pass
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    liddane wrote:
    yeah I used virtual PC- and did most of the labs in the book- I dont think I could have done it with reading alone. What I found useful was setting up some of the stuff on the test, only to find that it didn't work which prompted me to fiddle, and read around the subject- this gave me a better idea f some of the concepts.

I had two Server 2003 boxes and an XP client, Two servers are essential for testing DNS, and I installed the XP client for DHCP.

Awesome!!

I am building a second box now to use as a server for this 291 exam. Will be using VMWare as well.
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com